027.

THE COLD

jealousy, jealousy by olivia rodrigo

i can't stand it, oh god, i sound crazy

⸺MRS. Henderson still hadn't been able to find Mews, their cat. She was on their front yard, calling for Mews. "Mews! Mewsy! Mews!"

Mrs. Henderson walked back inside and Dustin was pretending to be on the phone while Tiffany was 'looking' around the house. "Dusty, baby, you're sure she's not in your room?"

Tiffany then spoke up for Dustin. "I've checked four times, Mews isn't there."

Dustin then 'hung up the phone'. He walked over to their mom and put his hands on her arms. "Alright, great news."

"They found her?"

"No. But they saw her wandering around Loch Nora."

"How did the poor baby get all the way out there?"

"I don't know. Lost, I guess. But they're gonna look for her. And we'll stay here, just in case they call again. And you're gonna go help look?"

"Wait. Why do you both need to stay?" Tiffany then jumped in. "Well, I do need to spend some time with my lovely little brother and I don't trust him alone. I mean, would you?"

"I guess you're right. I love you!"

"Love you!"

"I love you!"

"I love you!" They blew kisses at each other and their mom finally left. Tiffany gagged and rolled her eyes. "God, I hate being all mushy."

"You're a softie! You're a softie!" Tiffany pulled his hat over his face. "Just get the damn meat."

Dustin pulled his hat back on his head. He went into the kitchen and started grabbing the meat from the kitchen. Dustin made a trail of meat all the way to their storm shelter. Tiffany stayed by Dustin's door and made sure that Dart didn't get out. Dustin came back and opened the closet. He started putting on his old hockey padding and he grabbed his hockey stick. Dustin turned around and looked at Tiffany with a determined look on his face. She looked at him confused. "What the hell are you wearing?"

"It's for protection. So Dart doesn't hurt me."

"You do know I have superpowers right?"

"I-Well...let's just get this over with." Tiffany couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, get ready to run."

"Alright Dart. Breakfast time." Tiffany opened the door and they both started running to the shed. Dustin was swearing the entire time they were running. They got into the shed and Tiffany closed the door behind them. "Watch your language by the way."

"You swear."

"Yeah, because I'm almost an adult, you're a child." Dustin rolled his eyes and looked out the cracks of the shed with Tiffany. They saw Dart come out of the house. He headed over to the storm shelter, but heard a noise coming from the shed. Dart immediately turned around and looked right at the shed. Tiffany pushed Dustin against the wall of the shed. She whispered, but kept her eye on Dart. "Dustin. I have no idea if this is gonna work, but I have a hunch and I'm gonna try it. If I die, tell Will he was my favourite."

"Okay...Wait, what?" Tiffany slowly opened the door and stepped outside. She closed the door behind her and Dustin watched out of a crack in the shed. Tiffany slowly walked up to Dart. She stopped walking and stood tall in front of Dart. She pointed at the storm shelter. "Go."