061.

T R U T H

long drives by boywithuke

thinking 'bout that one night when the world caught fire

⸺WHILE Robin, Dustin and Max were calling all of Eddie's friends to see if they had heard from him, Tiffany was still driving herself crazy trying to figure out what was going on in her head. She had brought her papers into the main room so while everyone was on the phone, she was looking through everything she had written down to see if there was some kind of pattern. So far she had noticed that things are being said in the exact same order all the time.

Zero. Trick him. Twelve.

That's all Tiffany had found. She knew that Twelve was Cory, so she knew that Cory was saying his serial number from when he was in the lab. Tiffany assumed that her telling herself to trick him was her saying that she needed to trick whoever Henry is. And she assumed that Zero was her, but what Henry knew her as. None of this was making sense to her at all, but they all seemed connected in some way, so she knew she was on the right track.

Steve had just finished helping out a customer when he leaned on the counter just opposite to Tiffany. He pushed some of Tiffany's hair behind her ear so he could fully see her breathtaking features. "Tiff."

Tiffany looked up at him with tired eyes. Clearly thinking this much was starting to tire her out. Steve felt horrible for his girlfriend since not only was this hard to figure out, whatever she was trying to depict, and a lot of bad thoughts from the past few years were starting to come up again, making this just a little more difficult.

"You need to stop. Even if it's just for a few minutes." Tiffany sighed and rubbed her eyes. She nodded her head in agreement. "I'll take a break."

Steve planted a small kiss to her forehead before heading back to work. Tiffany let out a breath which caused her bangs to fly up slightly. A break was something Tiffany really needed, even just for a little while. Tiffany glanced over at Steve who was doing the simplest thing of just stocking shelves. The way his hair framed his face so perfectly was absolutely perfect in her eyes. Everything about Steve made her heart swoon. Every single day, Tiffany regrets the years of hatred she had towards him. She can't even fathom how she could've disliked someone so perfect.

"He doesn't love you." Tiffany's thoughts were cut off immediately when she heard the voices in her head go silent. Now the only thing she could hear was the dark and raspy voice of Henry. She felt goosebumps on the back of her neck, fear was clouding her mind. It sounded like he was right behind her.

"Would you like to see the truth?" Tiffany could almost sense Henry in the vicinity. It was like the atmosphere was changing the more powerful he gets. This was a groundbreaking situation considering all the girl has been hearing was a group of whispering voices.

"Yes." Tiffany mumbled under her breath, not wanting any of her friends to hear this. She just hoped that while her mind was being taken over, her physical appearance wasn't floating or something off.

All of a sudden, Tiffany's vision flashed to darkness before everything around her changed. Within seconds, Tiffany was transported to a memory that her subconscious had forced her to forget. April 12, 1971. The date tattooed on her arm. The day of the car crash.

Tiffany was sat in the passenger seat of a black Camaro and there was a woman driving who looked shockingly a lot like Tiffany. It was almost uncanny. Really the only difference was that her eyes were blue. Behind her, was a little girl in a car seat with a small teddy bear in her arms.