057.

V A N I S H E D

bury a friend by billie eilish

step on the glass, staple your tongue. bury a friend, try to wake up

⸺TIFFANY was sitting on her counter with the phone up to her ear as Steve was making lunch for the two of them. It was the day after the grave visit and Tiffany had sort of recovered. She wasn't crying anymore, but she kept the note she found with her at all times. Even now it was sitting in her work bag that was right next to her. Tiffany was trying to get a hold of the Byers before she had to go to work. Finally, someone had picked up and it was exactly who she was hoping for. "Hello?"

"Will?" Tiffany asked excitedly and he matched her energy. "Tiffany! Hi!"

"Hey, Will! I'm sorry I haven't called you in a few days, but work's been piling up. How have you been?"

"I've been okay. I'm almost finished my painting. And school hasn't been...terrible."

"I'm sorry about school, but you have to mail me a picture of your painting when you're done."

"I will. How's work been going?" Tiffany got a job at the police station after Starcourt, well...you know. She had a small in with them since she knew Hopper, which Callahan and Powell knew, but she's been working as a sketch artist and she actually really likes her job. "It's been going good. I'm getting paid to draw and help people, so not trying to brag, but I hit the jackpot."

"That's really great, Tiff. How's everything else been going? Like with your nightmares..." Only Steve and Will knew about the reoccurring nightmares. They had started coming back, which wasn't ideal, but she trusted Steve and Will with her life. Tiffany took a deep breath before answering. "I actually went to see them yesterday. Well, I never got around to see Cory, but I stopped by Billy's grave. It was painful."

Tiffany felt Steve put a comforting hand on the small of her back and she looked behind her and sent him a thankful smile. "I'm really sorry. But at least you're facing your fears."

"That's true." Suddenly, Tiffany was tapped on the shoulder by Steve. When she looked behind her once again, Steve tapped his watch signifying that they had to go. "Oh, Will, I'm sorry, but I have to head out for work."

"That's fine. Have a good day, Tiff. Call me later!"

"I will. Bye!" Tiffany hung up the phone and Steve handed her her lunch in a container. She put it in her work bag and the two headed out of their home. They got out to their car and Steve was about to get into the driver's seat, but he stopped himself and looked over at his girlfriend. "Hey, would you feel up for driving today?"

Tiffany had to consider that offer for a second. Steve and Tiffany had come up with some half ass excuse a long time ago when they hated each other to get out of trouble with the cops, that Steve was helping Tiffany get better at driving. They actually thought that it may work, so slowly, Tiffany's been driving them to work some days in stead of Steve. It was still a difficult time for her, but maybe stressing over another fear would help her forget about this fear. "Yeah, I think I could do it."

Steve smiled and tossed her the keys, to which she caught. They switched seats and hopped in the car. Steve let Tiffany take her time as she took a deep breath and started the car. "Just take your time."

A small smile crept onto Tiffany's lips at her boyfriend's caring nature. Steve's been really patient and caring these past few months with everything that happened. Tiffany felt really guilty about it, but Steve loved helping her. Steve just loved her.