Chapter 74 - Nayla

_ My Baby-Paragon and champion are far away doing important things; the Queen and Doro went on a rough mission, and now Mrs. Belinda decides to became a mailwomen and deliver papers!! _ Nayla exclaims _ Come on!!!

She stomps her feet, arms crossed, with a pout. The Parvus who accompany her find this behavior quite cute, but they can't say that.

The day starts with a hot lump, abnormal for the season. The renovations make it even worse: The 2nd floor is closed, so everything above the ground floor is out of reach; the field is closed to change the floor; even the arsenal is blocked by bags of stone and sand.

Nayla is uncomfortable with the empty corridors and the lack of buzz in the cafeteria. "So many people were transferred and so fast!", she thinks, missing the constant attention she received from her pupils. "In percentages, we have more than 70% of staff from the District's, and 90% of them are from the Priesthood... A bunch of cowards!", she reflects: "Wait, I was in the Priesthood too!", she laughs alone, then sighs. It's painful to be lonely, especially after arguing with Dijana.

The hours pass slowly. The temperature remains high, but dark clouds occludes the sun. "What a HORRIBLE day!", she concludes, watching the city through the small window...

BOOMMMMMMM!

She looks back at the sudden sound of an explosion. Or was it something falling apart? She goes to the door, but the crash repeats. She sees, through the small window, a cloud of dust protruding into the sky like a mushroom. The screams start just after. Sirens are not delayed.

Nayla's playful expression is replaced by the look of a legitimate military leader. She runs into the lobby, where several people gather. A Priest explains:

_ Meigdan was just invaded by the North entrance by a horde of Cyclops. The civil police and our members at the service stations are already taking action.

_ Wait! Cyclops?! _ A man interrupts, tightening the buckles _ They're allies, like the Giants! Why are they attacking us?

_ We don't know. _ The Priest says _ They seem to be completely mad.

_ Permission to kill? _ Nayla interrupts.

_ Granted. _ Gottron replies _ All members of the District will evacuate the city, through the South gate. The ACU Majors have full autonomy to control the situati...-

Another siren starts to ressound and red lights shine on. Gottron's eyes widen:

_ W-What?! Why did they start the isolation sequence now?! _ She holds the shoulder of the man who spoke earlier _ Stop it now, or we're going to be confined here!!

He looks terrified and shakes his head. Nayla takes a step forward:

_ Begin the evacuation now! We'll stop the isolation sequence. _ Everyone agrees and continues with their respective tasks _ Major Mike! How many ACU staff we have here now?!

_ Not counting those at the city posts, I think like 20.

_ Right... _ She takes a deep breath _ Tertia and Secundus-Parvus, you find a way to stop the isolation, then go to the South gate to protect the people. Prima-Parvus and Majors will be distributed in teams of 2 or 3, following the main avenues. Arrive at the service stations and protect the area. Kill anything that is taller than 2 meters!

_ How horrible, you look like Emília talking like that! _ Mike responds, beating his salute.

_ Ah, I wish I was Emília at a time like this! _ She laughs _ Come on, you weaklings!!