Chapter 14 - Edisia

A thin, gray, cold mist hangs in the air. The wind howls through the caves and chimes the bells that she keeps hanging on the door. The night is so deep and black that it is impossible to see through it. Neither the moon nor the stars have the courage to even appear in that place.

Her cave is covered with patched black fabrics, like large, nonsensical panels that try to complete an insane setting. Bizarre objects, corpses of small creatures, flasks and tools are thrown everywhere. Chaos reigns sovereign.

The smell, foul and pestilent, exhales from the dark tar that covers the floor. A pile of dry skins and carcasses forms a bed-like structure. Beside it, a wooden dressing table, with a cracked mirror, is the only real piece of furniture in this "room".

She hummed a cheerful and childlike rhythm, while playing with several things simultaneously. Her bare feet are covered in a kind of dark, slimy blood; her dirty clothes look like the black panels scattered around the cave. Her hair is auburn in intense shades of hot orange, while her eyes, huge and without pupils, are a powerful icy blue. Her skin is a grayish, purplish color, like old bruises...

A high-pitched buzz interrupts the song. The huge fly enters the cave and the girl takes it in the air with a jump, between both hands. She brings her prisoner to one ear and repeats what she says:

_ Hm... My pets that ran away... Ahem... They did bad things! Oh... Yes... Ecclesia! Ah! Hm... I see... He was there?! Uhum... _ She finally lets go of the fly, which moves away quickly.

Running her filthy hands over her face, she emits moans as she approaches the dressing table. Facing herself in the mirror, she says:

_ Oh no! Edisia let the pets run away, then they caused problems for annoying people and then Ecclesia appeared! Ohhh no! But Edisia just made a little mistake, nothing, almost unimportant! _ Her expression suddenly changes to perfect despair _ But what if they find me??!! It'll be the end of Edisia! _ She smiles again _ But there's no way for them to find me! They're stupid and stinky! Stupid and stinky humans! Edisia not! Edisia is the greatest and most powerful of all WITCHES! ...In training! Hehehehe...! _ She pauses and bites her lips _ I'm glad they killed my pets... I'll have to be careful next time, yes, yes, Edisia is a careful and dedicated girl!

She walks away from the mirror and dances alone, while singing the same song as before, but now with her irrational lyrics: "I still don't know, but I'm still alive! I'm Edisia! And I'm gonna kiiiiill! "...