"You can't hide this, (Y/n)" (Athena x Shy! Trucy's Sister! Reader)

Prompt use: "I know the signs...you can't hide from me, (Name)." from https://drink-it-write-it.tumblr.com/post/189074732022/200-prompts

Set between Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice

-------------------

"(Y/n), you have to tell her!"

"No, I don't, Truce. It's better Athena doesn't know about this, okay? If you tell her, then I'll ask Daddy to make you clean the Agency toilets rather than Polly!" I replied, smirking at her, knowing she wouldn't want to do that.

"It's for your own happiness though! You'll feel better if you just get it off of your chest."

"Trucy's right, (Y/n). You've been worrying about this for ages. Just get it off your chest and if it's not meant to be, then I'll buy you all the ice cream you need until you get over it, okay?" I smiled and looked up at Apollo, "Thanks, Polly. I'll tell her..." not. No way in hell am I risking the friendship I have with Athena.

-----------------

And so, what did I do? I started ignoring Athena. With her sensitive hearing, it was getting increasingly harder to hide my crush on her from her, and Apollo technically, but he already knew, cause I told Trucy and then she told Apollo and Daddy.

Every day whenever I saw Athena, which was most of the time when she wasn't out investigating/on a case or when me and Trucy were off doing a show, I dashed out the agency with one excuse or another. However, Athena soon caught onto my 'suspicious behaviour'. It was one day when I finally had to spill...

"(Y/n)! Why do you keep ignoring me?!"

"I'm not ignoring you, Athena! Seriously!" I replied before dashing out the Agency for the fifth time in the span of two days when she'd tried to ask me why I was ignoring her, only just hearing her angry outburst of, "That's it!" before she came dashing out behind me, Widget glowing bright red in anger. Shoot! I continued running and running, however, due to Athena being a year older than me, she was slightly taller than me and therefore could run faster than me, meaning that she caught up to me rather easily, although due to me being in y stage outfit, the shoes I was wearing weren't the best for running so that gave her the leg up on me as well. She grabbed the back of my cape, therefore forcing me to stop, "Gotcha! Now tell me, (Y/n), why didn't you tell me?!"

"Tell you what, Thena?" I asked trying to play innocent as if I had no idea what she was talking about.

"I know the signs...you can't hide from me, (Name). Why didn't you tell me you were depressed?! Mr Wright, Trucy and Apollo know so why did you tell me?!" I was shocked, "Athena! I'm not depressed!"

She ignored me and pulled me closer, hugging me, "Shh... it's okay, you don't need to say anything, I understand. I'll help you get through this! We're all here for y-"

"I'm not depressed! I've been ignoring you because I love you, Athena!" This shocked her, "WHAT?!"

I nodded, "Yeah... I do. I have for a while," I replied biting my lip.

"I love you too!" she squeaked, hugging me again this time kissing me too. I was shocked for a while until I wrapped my arms around her neck, soon feeling hers around my waist.

"Well, well, well, look at this. What do we have here?" We broke off immediately and turned around to see Daddy there, Trucy and Apollo standing behind him, Apollo looking away and covering Trucy's eyes with her hands.

"Daddy?! How did you know we were here?!"

"We followed the two of you from the minute you ran out. You weren't the only two there, remember. Athena, may I speak to you for a second please?" Athena had an 'Oh no, I'm in trouble now' look on her face as she turned to Daddy, "Of course, Boss! What do you need?"

All Daddy did was place a hand on her shoulder, "I trust you'll look after her and not hurt her."

"I-I promise, Boss! I wouldn't ever dream of it!" I smiled and hugged her, "I love you, Athena."

"I love you too, (Y/n)."