Bird Rivals (Blackquill x Reader)

Requested By: DashingStar17
Timing: Spirit of Justice (no spoilers) 

(B/n) = Bird's Name

(B/s) = Bird's Species

------------------

"What has happened to you two?" I asked the two birds. Both Taka and (B/n) had been getting along just fine with each other since me and Simon had started dating but they'd recently stopped getting along, "Do you have an answer for that?"

They both looked at me with tilted heads. 

"Oh, what am I doing? Talking to birds! That's it, I've officially gone crazy!" I laughed to myself before falling back onto the sofa, "Crazy! Absolutely crazy! That's what I am."

"You're not crazy, (Y/n). But we are going to have to find a way to get the two of them to get along."

"You're right, Simon. We will have to try to get them to get along again."

Days went by and nothing we tried worked. I attempted to talk to them again but neither of them gave me any signs about why and the just tilted their heads again. We eventually decided just to take them out for a walk with it being Simon's day off. (B/n) flew onto my left shoulder and Taka flew onto Simon's right shoulder. We walked so that I was on Simon's right side so the shoulder that (B/n) was on, would be next to the shoulder that Taka was on, so we could see if they'd get along...

---------------

While we were out walking, we bumped into some of my old friends from college. We had a small reunion, meaning hugs, lots of hugs. Simon hmphed and my friends caught onto it, "(Y/n)! Is this your boyfriend?!"

"You finally got one! Good for you!"

"Yes, he is. Can you shut up now?!" I shouted putting a stop to their rambling.

"Prove it."

"Why can't you just believe me?" I asked. We're in a public place! Not doing this! This is too embarrassing. I then noticed Simon smirking, Don't you dare... He grabbed my hips and pulled me into him, kissing me. It was all going to fast that I didn't process what had happened until my friends squealed. I didn't realise that they'd taken pictures of Simon kissing me until it was too late. 

"And posted!" (B/f/n) squeaked.

"What?!"

"Posted that to Instagram," she replied smirking and put her phone back in her pocket. It was then that I realised that Taka and (B/n) were nowhere to be seen. I said bye to my friends forgetting about the photos and grabbed Simon, dragging him home. 

----------

When we got back, we were surprised to see Taka and (B/n) sitting on their perches, getting along perfectly fine. I approached them, "What's happening? You literally hated each other this morning!"

They both gave me a look and I realised what had happened; They had noticed me and Simon had been distant from each other, due to work and they devised a plan to get us to spend time together; Pretending to hate each other. I giggled at this before noticing Simon's confused face. I told him what the two birds had done and he chuckled before smirking again. Here we go again... He got my hips again and kissed me. This time, I wasn't embarrassed as we weren't in a public place. And besides, it was just Taka and (B/N). So I melted into the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck. When we broke off I whispered, "I love you," into his ear.

"I love you too, (Y/n)."

I giggled and leaned up to kiss him again.