Stubborn Love (Maya x Sick! Reader)

Requested By: budgieboi3

Timing: After SOJ (But Apollo doesn't leave)

---------------

Another day at the Agency. Sounds great right? Well, it is, hectic but great. Even better now that we have Maya back. I'd missed her as I hadn't seen her in ages and the fact that I'd grown a crush on her.

"(Y/n), are you ready to go and investigate?"

I perked up at the sound of Mr Wright's voice, "Yep! Just let me *Achoo!*."

"(Y/n), do you have a cold?"

"I'm *Achoo!* fine, Mr Wright. No need to *Achoo!* worry."

"That won't cut it (Y/n). Go home and rest."

I sneezed again, "I can't. I must investigate!" before standing up, only for another sneeze to hit and I fell back onto the sofa, sneezing.

"See, you're not fine. (Y/n). Maya, can you stay here and look after (Y/n)?"

I was about to reply, saying I could look after myself when Maya beat me to it, "Sure thing Nick!"

Mr Wright smiled before walking out of the Agency, Athena, Apollo and Trucy following behind. Maya immediately turned to me when I tried to stand up, "No, you stay lying down, Missy. You're sick. You're not going anywhere until you're better!"

"Maya, please?"

"No. I'm looking after you!"

------------------------

A few hours later, I was wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa, a hot water bottle on my head (Don't ask where it came from. Maya found it in the Agency somewhere) and tissues on the table, watching The Steel Samurai. I chuckled at Maya, although I hadn't seen her in ages, she hadn't changed a bit and I loved her for it.

"(Y/n), why are you smiling?"

"No reason," I replied, still looking at her in a dreamy state, "Oh, Maya. If only you knew how much I love you."

"Wait, you love me?!"

I froze, "Shit! That's now what I meant! I'm sorry, Maya! I didn't mean that!" I panicked.

"You know, (Y/n). I know you're lying. It's okay though. I love you too!" She squeaked running up to me, only to be stopped by me putting my hand out, "Still sick remember? I don't want you to get ill too."

------------------------

A few weeks later, I had recovered from my sickness and once again, Mr Wright had left the two of us in the Agency alone. He and Athena were out investigating a case and, no surprise, Trucy had forced Apollo to be her assistant in her magic show. Hence, leaving me and Maya alone in the Agency. I was sitting on one of the sofas when Maya came back in, she'd been out buying burgers again. She walked up and plopped down next to me, "I love you, (Y/n)."

"Love you too, Maya," I replied before taking the burger out of her hand and placing it on the table. She looked at me horrified but I just smiled and pulled her onto my lap, kissing her.