My Royal Secret - Athena

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing/AU?: Princess/Royalty AU - well, Reader-Chan is

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Age: 20

Reader's Occupation: Princess? - does that count as an occupation?

Reader's Relations: None

Warnings: None

Other notes: Don't ask about where this came from in my brain... please cause I have no fucking clue either how my brain came up with this. Also, this includes Klapollo shipping

-------------------

Hehe, you can't keep me in the palace forever Father! I smirked to myself as I walked around the kingdom. I'd snuck out of the palace with a cloak and hood over my only simple gown. The hood to make sure no one saw my face and recognised me and the cloak to cover my gown. I was walking down a path when someone bumped into me, causing me to fall on my butt, my hood coming off my head.

"Gah!! I'm sorry!"

"Perfectly fine, miss," I replied standing up and brushing myself off, before helping her up

"ATHENA! There you are, stop- Oh! Your Highness, what a pleasure it is to meet you. Athena didn't bump into you did she?"

The female who's name I guessed was Athena bit her lip and turned away, the man who had followed her rolling his eyes, "Athena, apologise for bumping into the princess." Athena immediately turned back to me, "Y-you're the princess?!" I quickly put my hands over her mouth to stop her from talking, "Shh! Not so loud. Please, I'll be fried if my parents find out I snuck into the city, but yes I am. Please don't tell anyone you saw me okay?"

"Yep! Zipped shut! And I am so so so so so so so so sorry for bumping into you!"

I giggled, "Hey, Athena, it's okay. Don't worry."

------------------

Over the next few weeks, when I was able to, I started sneaking out every Thursday night to meet with Athena just to get away from the palace and the stress my parents were putting on me about getting married. They were trying to get me to find a suitor, but there was one small problem; all the suitors they had for me were male, and I was as into men as circles were straight! Otherwise known as I was a full-blown lesbian... yeah like the country would ever want that. However, I soon started to have to avoid her and our weekly meetings because non-existent. This was because I had to get prepared for my own wedding... to one of the suitors my mother chose because I didn't want to pick any of them.

However, a few weeks later, I was back in the city with one of my maids, Alice, getting my wedding dress, she was the only one that I trusted to talk to about the fact I'd be sneaking out, considering I could have her killed if she told anyone, so she knew about my growing crush on Athena and wouldn't make any comments if she tried to talk to me. Meaning we had to go to the dressmakers and I froze when I saw one of the workers: it was Athena.