When One Door Closes, Another One Opens (Apollo x Princess! Reader)

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: Between DD and SoJ

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Age: 24

Reader's Occupation: Princess...

Reader's Relations: None

Warnings: None

Other notes: Don't ask where this idea came from. (R/l/n) means random land name, aka not yours

-----------------

"Mr Wright! Thank you so much for being willing to hear me out!"

"Miss (R/l/n), tell me your side, please. Remember the most important thing between attorney and client is trust."

"I know. Again thank you!" I then told him the whole story. The truth from my side.

"Okay, we'll go and investigate. Thank you for giving us that information."

"Miss (R/l/n), can I ask you a question?"

I giggled, "Of course. What is it?"

The small girl smiled, "Why are you wearing a hood inside? Is there something you're hiding?"

I froze, but before I could answer, another male answered, "Trucy, that's not something you should ask a person. Miss (R/n/l), I am sorry for her questions."

"It's okay. I'm used to a lot of questions. Although, usually they're more like instructions than questions."

----------------------- PHOENIX'S POV

"What is the defendant's motive for this crime?! Miss (R/l/n) told me herself that she'd never had any connection to the victim, nor even heard of him."

"SILENCE! Wright-Dono, in that case, your client has been lying to you. In fact, she hasn't even revealed her true identity to you."

"HUH?!"

However, before I, or Apollo, who was at the bench with me, could say anything, the doors to the courtroom were burst open and the royal guard came running in, "Release the princess! The royal family would nev-AAAWOCH!"

"SILENCE! Whether the defendant is a princess or not is irrelevant, she has been put under arrest and must be tried in the same way as everyone else. We shouldn't make exceptions for the royal family. That will just make the citizens not trust the court systems at all."

----------------YOUR POV

"-I'm sorry, Princess, but you lied to me. The one most important thing between attorney and client is trust. You broke that trust by lying to me. I'm sorry, but I can no longer defend you."

With that, he stood up and walked out of the visitor's room. I just sat there in the room, silently crying until the rest of the agency had left and a guard came and took-

"WAIT!" The guard let me go and I turned around to see the male who had been at the defence bench with Mr Wright.

"Mr Justice?"

"Princess, I'll take on your defence."

I smiled, "Y-you will?"

He nodded, "I'm sorry about Mr Wright, but he has his morals and although you did lie to him about your identity, I'm willing to defend you. I understand why you would want to keep it a secret."

"THANK YOU! If I could hug you right now, I would."

--------------------

"THANK YOU!" I squealed hugging him, "THANK YOU SO MUCH."

"Heh, it's no problem. I was just doing my job."

There was then the sound of someone clearing their throat, "Your Highness, I am deeply sorry. I should never have given up on you."

I smiled, "Mr Wright. I'm afraid I cannot forgive you. Guards! Take him to the royal dungeons!" His face turned to shock and I burst out laughing, eventually falling onto the floor with laughter.

"I'm joking! God your face is priceless! This is amazing! I am definitely going to remember this for ages!"

"WHAT?!"

"Allow me to help you up." I looked up to see Apollo standing there his hand out. I smiled and took his hand, a smirk falling onto my face. Instead of allowing him to pull me up, I pulled him down on top of me and hugged him, "Thank you!" His face turned red and I giggled, "You okay, Mr Justice?"

Giggling was heard from nearby, "Polly's got a crush!"

"TRUCY!"

I giggled and pecked his cheek, "It's okay if you do. I'm forever in your debt, Mr Justice, thank you for believing me. If there's anything I can do for you to repay you, I'd happily do it."

I heard him muttering something, thinking I couldn't hear it, but I did, "I'd happily oblige," before kissing him, "Oh and don't worry about me being a princess. The tradition of royals marrying other royals went down the drain ages ago."

"Wait... so you're saying you love me?!"

I nodded, "Yes, I do."