Traumatised (Good! Kristoph x Defence Attorney! Reader)

Prompt: "I need your help."

Timing: Between Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice

Type of oneshot: Hurt/Comfort

Reader's Age: 32

Reader's Relations: None, except Kristoph's fiancée of 7 months

Warnings?: Parental death mention, Emotional breakdown

Other notes: The canon time frame is out the window (aka, Von Karma be prosecuting)

Requested?: Yes (By the same person as the other Good! Kristoph ones)

-------------------

"(Y/n), I need your help."

I placed my hand on the glass in the Visitor's Room of the Detention Centre, "Of course, I'll help you, Kris. I love you and I know you would never kill anyone, especially your own parents. Of course, I'll defend you. I know this is probably hard for you, but could you tell me anything you know? It'll help me with my investigation."

He smiled at me, "Thank you, (Y/N). I put my faith in you." I returned the smile, "I'll get you out of this, don't worry."

He told me everything he knew about the incident as I made notes, "Thank you. I know this must be hard, but don't worry, I'll get you out of this. I promise."

"I know you will."

"Just know, I'd do anything for you. No matter what it is, I'd even risk my life to save you."

"I know you would, (Y/n), and I'd do the same for you."

----------------------------TS to trial (Cause I be a lazy Author-Chan who can't be bothered typing out the investigation process.)

"Court is now in session for the trial of Kristoph Gavin. Are the defence and prosecution ready?"

"The defence is ready, Your Honour," I answered, trying to control my nerves. I may have had Athena helping me but I was still nervous whether I'd actually be able to save Kristoph or not. I took a deep breath and fiddled with the engagement ring on my finger. I didn't want to lose the trial.

"And the prosecution will end this trial in three minutes."

I growled under my breath. You may have only lost one case in your 40+ years of prosecuting, but it doesn't give you the right to say things like that... I would have taken any other prosecutor over this guy... Even being attacked by a hawk, I'd have taken over this guy....

"What makes you say that?"

"Your Honour, there is decisive evidence and a decisive witness to the crime that the defendant committed. What more is necessary?"

"And this decisive evidence is, Mr von Karma?"

He snapped his fingers, "Why should I tell you? That's what we have detectives for." I took another deep breath as Gumshoe came up to the stand.

"Describe the incident. Now."

The detective went on to describe what had happened and I listened carefully. There was one thing that bugged me though, "Detective, what is this decisive evidence that, quote on quote 'proves' my client is the killer?"

"Well, we found some nail polish at the scene of the crime. It was found to be the exact same brand and colour as the one that the defendant wears."

"And how, detective, is that 'decisive evidence'?!"

"Defence, if it is not enough proof for you, then I have a witness that will surely prove the defendant's guilt." Who could this.... Wait a minute...Kris told me the only other person there was.... Don't say Klavier's going to testify against his own brother?!