Work Isn't Everything (Franziska x Attorney! Reader)

Prompt: "You said that I'd get to have you all weekend. Why can't you just tell them you can't go?" - "Because it's my job, and it's important." - "And I'm not?"

Timing: Between Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, making Franziska 27 (This took me 10 minutes to work out how old she'd be in this time frame because she doesn't appear in any games after Investigations 2.... which takes place in 2019....)

Reader's Age: 25

Reader's Relations: Phoenix's younger sister

Other notes: I have made you, dear reader, an attorney, for a plot point (there is no actual trial in this oneshot)

--------------

I sighed as I finally gave up waiting for my girlfriend at the park. We were supposed to spend the whole weekend together. If she couldn't make it, she could have at least texted me. So, I stood up from the bench I was sitting on and made my way to the Prosecutor's Office. When I arrived, I walked up the stairs to Franziska's office and knocked. I got no answer. Where are you?!

"Miss (L/n)? What brings you here today?" I turned around, "Oh! Good morning, Mr Edgeworth! I don't suppose you know where Franziska is do you?"

"I believe she's at the courthouse prosecuting a case, why?" Fran... You promised...

I nodded, "Thank you, Mr Edgeworth!" I replied before walking off to leave mad walk to the courthouse.

I eventually arrived at the courthouse and asked a bailiff which courtroom, and therefore which Prosecutor's Lobby, Franziska was in. He told me and I made my way to the doors of courtroom number 2 and waited.

---------------

The second Franziska left the courtroom, I grabbed her hand and dragged her off to Prosecutor's Lobby number 2 so I could talk to her.

"Franziska..."

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing! You said that I'd get to have you all weekend. Why can't you just tell Mr Edgeworth that you can't take the case?!"

"Because it's my job, and it's important," she replied, looking away from me to avoid eye contact. I felt myself tearing up slightly, but I didn't want her to see me crying because I didn't want her to look down on me for it, "And I'm not?" She remained silent, giving me my answer. I turned around and ran out of the lobby, my long suit jacket flying up and hitting her as I turned around along with my hair. I ran out of the courthouse, wanting to get away from her to think for a bit. Did our relationship really mean nothing? You said you loved me, Fran.....

I ran and ran, and somehow I'd managed to make my way back to the Agency. I walked in and flopped on the sofa, wiping my tears. 

"(Y/n)? You good?"

"Y-yeah, I-I'm fine..." I responded turning away from both Apollo and Athena, "Really. Nothing is wrong!"

Both of them turned to each other and raised an eyebrow before turning back to be, knowing I was lying, with Apollo having his bracelet and Athena having her special hearing and being able to tell my true emotions by the sound of my voice.

"(Y/n), what's wrong? We know you're lying," Apollo asked me. I bit my lip, "I told you, I'M FINE!" This shocked the two of them, promoting Athena's next remark, "You know, you could rival Apollo's Chords of Steel, (Y/n)... But it all seriousness, what's wrong?" she came and sat next to me on the sofa and I leaned my head onto her, "I-I'm fine, Thena. You don't need to worry. I just had a bad day."

"You're lying."

Stupid bracelet! Why do you have to wear it, Apollo? I sighed, "Okay, fine. I'm not okay. I-" Before I could say anything else, the door to the Agency was opened, "(Y/n)?! Where are you, you fool!" I sniffled and huddled further into Athena on the sofa. Franziska came into the Agency and I dug my head into Athena. She may have been my younger sister, but sometimes it felt like she was older than me. More often than not, she'd be the one looking after me rather than the other way around. She looked at me before turning to look at Franziska, then back to me. I looked her in the eyes and she nodded, smiling, signalling that she'd got the message without me needing to say anything.

"(Y/n), can I talk to you?"

I shook my head and turned away from Franziska, she'd broken my heart with her silence earlier, basically telling me that I wasn't important to her at all.

"(Y/n), can you get off of me, please?" I nodded and adjusted so I was sitting up on the sofa myself, keeping turned away from Franziska, not wanting to speak to her.

"Well, this seems like something you need to talk about yourself so..." Athena trailed off and grabbed Apollo's hand, dragging him out of the Agency. I continued to stay huddled up in my ball, not looking up until I felt the sofa dip. I looked up at Franziska to see her with a guilty look on her face, "Listen, (Y/n), I-I'm sorry about this morning. It's just that I've always been taught to be perfect and that emotions weren't important. I'm sorry if you felt like you weren't important to me. You are. I love you so much, (Y/n) and you are the most important thing to me now. I love you." I smiled and wiped my tears before turning my body to her to see that she now had her hands folded on her lap, her whip lying on the floor and she was looking down at her hands, guiltily. I placed a hand on her cheek making her turn towards me as I spoke, "Fran, I forgive you. I love you too, and I'm sorry I ran out before, I'm sorry I misunderstood and I understand that your work as a prosecutor is important to you but that doesn't mean there aren't other things that are important to you. I love you, don't ever forget that." I smiled and leaned in, pecking her lips, "I forgive you. You don't need to worry."

"Thank you, (Y/n). As you know, I'm not too great with love or other emotions like that."

"Fran, I know that," I paused to peck her lips again, "I love you for you and I always will."

"Thank you, (Y/n). What did I do to deserve a loving girlfriend like you?"

"Nothing, you were deserving from the start you didn't need to do anything to get me. I love you because I love you, Fran."

"I love you too, (Y/n)."

-----------

1104 words... sorry this took so long I started this at like half 3 this afternoon and it's now 7:48... So, minus the time I had for my dinner... It was like 3 and a half hours? idk time... but.. I know which order I'll be writing the next few in:

1. Protection (Clay x Confident! Reader)

2. "It's Not Your Fault, (Y/n)" (Trucy x Reader)

3. Your Song (Klavier x Stage-Hand! Reader) - Songfic

4. "Take me instead!" (Trucy x Reader)

5. ??