Secrets (Apollo x Country! Reader)

So, I'm mixing two fandoms I'm in. Ace Attorney and Hetalia.

(C/n) - Country Name

---------------

"So, (Y/n), where exactly were you yesterday?" Athena asked me the minute I walked into the agency. I froze up. I couldn't tell her the real reason but I couldn't lie because of Apollo's bracelet.

"I-I was out somewhere, Athena. You don't need to know where," I replied.

"(Y/n), tell me! I want to know!"

"No! Athena! I can't tell you! Seriously I can't," I shouted back at her slamming my hand down on the desk, "Please, Athena. I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine, (Y/n). I won't pester you," she responded, pouting.

"What's all the commotion here?" I looked up to see Apollo, a quizzical look on his face.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter, Apollo. Just Athena being Athena," I answered glaring at her.

"Okay. (Y/n) I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"Okay, Apollo. Talk away," I replied.

"I meant, alone," he spoke looking at Athena. She got the message and walked out of the agency, leaving me with Apollo, who turned to me, "(Y/n), I actually have something to confess to you," he started going to sit on the sofa. I followed suite and sat down on the opposite sofa, facing him, "So, what do you want to confess?"

I noticed his face was slightly red and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I-I've actually had a crush on you for a while and what I'm trying to say is, (Y/n), I-I love you."

I gasped at this. I wanted to tell him my feelings which were the same; I love him too, but I couldn't accept it; I knew that I couldn't get to attached, if I did, then I knew I'd have to say goodbye. I was a country and immortal and Apollo was just a normal human meaning that he would die eventually, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"A-Apollo, I-I don't know what to say. I-I love you too, but, this i-it wouldn't work out. There's something I haven't told you but. I-I'm sorry it just won't work out. It's not you, it's actually me. I'm sorry." Rejecting him was actually saddening for me as well.

"Oh. Why?"

"I-I can't tell you, Apollo. I just can't," and with that, I ran out the agency.

-----------------

After that day, things between me and Apollo took a turn for the worst. I wouldn't even look at him unluss I actually had too. It was also extremely awkward in the agency. It was getting to the point where I was sure someone would bring it up.

"(Y/n), what's going on with you and Apollo? You won't talk to each other and you keep avoiding each other."

"It's nothing, Trucy. Just leave it alone please."

"Okay, fine."

That's a relief. I rubbed my temples before going back to my work. I had done part of the paperwork that I had to do when my phone rang. I spent ages looking for it because it wasn't on my desk. Where are you, stupid phone? Please come out! I don't want- I was cut from my thoughts by Athena, "(Y/n)! Your phone's ringing!"

"Thank you, Athena," I replied taking it from her and answering, "Hello?"

"Ahh, (C/n). I was wondering when you'd pick up. I was just calling to let you know that the World Meeting that was supposed to be next week has been moved to tomorrow."