Family is all that Matters (Phoenix x Reader x Trucy)

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: Between Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Age: 33

Reader's Occupation: Prosecutor

Reader's Relations: Miles' younger sister, by a year, Phoenix's wife (Yes. It's for a plot point)

Warnings: None

Other notes: This also includes a bit of a Mother/Daughter relationship between Trucy and Reader Chan.

-------------------

"(Y/n), please. Trucy wants you there."

"I can't help it, Nick. I can't come."

He grabbed me by the shoulders, forcing me to look at him as I was originally turned away from him, "I would have thought you'd know the importance of spending time with your family, (Y/n). What is this reason you can't come to Trucy's 'Bring Your Parents To School Day'?"

I sighed, "I'm prosecuting a case tomorrow and I don't know how long it will take, and knowing the attorney on the case, it'll probably go to another day, meaning I'll probably have to investigate in the afternoon," I replied getting out of his grip.

However, for the rest of the day, I felt this guilt inside me and it wouldn't leave, no matter what I distracted myself with. It was as if my conscience was telling me to not go to the trial and make Trucy happy. However, I knew there was no getting out of prosecuting this case.

----------------

"-No, you don't understand!" I shouted into my phone, "Family is the most important thing in the world!"

"(Y/n), I gave you th-"

"Don't you dare start that with me, Miles Edgeworth. I am you sister. I deserve a break now and again after having to put up with both you and Nick!"

"Then, what are you complaining about?"

"I swear to fucking God, Miles. Give the case to someone else, or so help me, you'll be the next victim."

"Now that's not the sort of language a lady should be using, (Y/n)."

"Please?"

"(Y/n), I understand why you don't want to take the case, but I daren't leave it to anyone else."

"What in the world are you talking about?" I sighed out, sitting down on the sofa. The other end of the phone went quiet and a smirk grew on my face, "I see now. You're worried about the defendant, aren't you?" Again, the other end of the phone stayed silent and I knew I was right, "Can't Franziska take the case?"

"(Y/n), I already told you. I don't trust anyone els-"

"Yes, I know. Fine, Geez."

-------------PHOENIX'S POV

The next day, (Y/n) was already up and dressed, presumably not in the house, as her pyjamas were lying folded on her pillow and her side of the bed was made, by the time I awoke. When I got downstairs, Trucy was already there, eating some pancakes, although she didn't look very happy.

"Morning Trucy."

She looked up at me glumly, "Oh, morning Daddy. You sleep well?"

"I guess. What's up?" I asked, sitting next to her at the kitchen table.

"I dunno, I guess I'm just sad."

"I know, Truce, but your mother works very hard. She's just got a trial today, that can't be helped."
She sighed, "I know, but karma hates me."

"No, Truce, karma doesn't hate you. You've done nothing wrong. Listen, I know you're upset, but you still have me. I'll be there."

She smiled and hugged me, "Thanks, Daddy."

----------------------YOUR POV - Meanwhile

"Fran, I'm begging you. Please. Please, just this one favour."

"What do I get out of this, (Y/n)?"

I thought for a moment, "I'll do all your paperwork for a month, if you take this one case for me. I'm begging you. Also, if you don't do this for me, I'll just tell Maya you have a crush on her."

She froze up for a second, "How do you know that?"

I shrugged, "Logic. I've seen with my own eyes how you act whenever she's in the room, so I just put the pieces together."

She sighed, "Fine. But you better not tell her."

I smiled and hugged her, "Thank you." She didn't whip me like she'd done if it was anyone else as I was the only person she would let hug her and show her soft side to. I was also the only one she didn't call 'fool'. Instead, she called me by my name, which I liked, "Thank you so so much. I will forever be in your debt for this."

"Yes, now get off me and get to that school."

I gave her one final squeeze before dashing out of her office.

---------------------------

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door of Trucy's classroom. I heard a voice, which I recognised as her teacher saying, "Come in." and I opened the door, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." All the heads turned to me and Trucy had a massive grin on her face, "Mummy!" She stood up and ran to me, hugging me, "You made it!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me over to where Phoenix was sitting, telling me to sit down in the chair she had previously occupied, her sitting on the floor. I smiled and sighed, leaning my head on Phoenix's shoulder.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hm?"

"How are you here? Didn't you have a case that you said you couldn't get out of? I thought you said that your brother refused to trust anyone else with the case."

I smirked, "There's a thing called a 'little bit of innocent blackmail'."

"Blackmail is illegal, you know."

"All I said to Fran to get her to take the case was that if she did, I'd do her paperwork for a month, and if she didn't take the case for me, then I'd tell Maya that Franziska has a crush on her. See, innocent blackmail. Use your brain, Nick."

-----------------------Meanwhile

"Franziska, do you know where (Y/n) is?"

"She and that fool Phoenix Wright are at the fool's daughter's school, why?"

"Because she said she'd... Wait, who's prosecuting the case I had her assigned to then?!"

"Me. Now if you'll excuse me, Little Brother, I have a case to prosecute, goodbye."

----------------------END OF ONESHOT

So.. I finally finished this. It has been in my drafts for ages but just haven't finished it.