Athena

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: Between DD and SoJ (but no spoilers for either)

Type of oneshot: Fluff/small angst

Reader's Age: 20

Reader's Occupation: Prosecutor

Reader's Relations: Athena's childhood friend/Klavier's lil sister

Warnings: None

Other notes: This needs a title... also I just realised this is part 199 so... last Oneshot of this book cause I am gonna mak the last part an AN

------------------------------ATHENA'S POV

My head shot up, "What did you just say, Mr Wright?!"

He blinked, "Why the sudden reaction, Athena?"

I shot up, Apollo's cat, Mikeko, jumping off my lap, and dashed over to Mr Wright, "Gimme that paper!" I shouted, grabbing the newspaper out of his hand and reading it again for myself, "'This morning, police arrested Prosecutor Gavin's younger sister, (Y/n), on suspicion of his attempted murder (I'm sorry Klav, my brain just thought of this idea...)' WHAT?!", before throwing it at his face and grabbed Apollo by the back of his waistcoat, "Mr Wright, I'm gonna go take a case, oh, and I'm taking Apollo as my co-counsel, bye!!" I left the agency, still dragging Apollo with me, and went down to the Detention Centre.

"Athena! Can you let go of my please?"

I snapped from my daze and let go of him, "Sorry... but you are being my co-counsel."

"Why? What are you talking about?"

"I'm taking (Y/n)'s case whether she wants me to or not."

"Uhh... do you know her personally or something?"

I took a deep breath, "Yeah. She was my friend before I was sent to Europe after mother was killed. She was the only other person that was on Simon's side after that case."

"O-oh..."

---------------------YOUR POV

"Let go of me! I told you I did-Athena? Is that you?!"

She smiled at me, "It's good to see you again!"

"Yeah, I guess. I just wish it wasn't in the Detention Centre," I replied sitting down in the chair, Athena on the opposite side of the glass, a male in a red waistcoat and cyan tie standing next to her, his hair slicked back except two spikes which kinda looked like rabbit ears.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

"Why are you here, Thena?"

"I want to take your case. Please? Let me defend you, (Y/n)."

I bit my lip, "Thena," I paused, tears coming to my eyes, "Even though we haven't seen each other in 8 years, you still believe I'm innocent without even knowing any details of the case? Even I think I'm guilty at this point! I've had so much questioning and none of the detectives or officers believe me, well.. I guess detective Gumshoe said he'd try his best to make sure I was freed, but it's not going to make much difference, Thena, there's several eye witnesses that all say I was the one that killed him! B-but I'd never kill anyone!"

"I know, (Y/n). I'll fight till the end for you, I promise. L-let me take your case?" I smiled, wiping my eyes, "T-thank you, T-Thena."

"So you'll let me defend you?"

I nodded, "I'd trust no one else with my case. Although, that is probably because they all think I'm guilty. They apparently have evidence to prove it was me, Thena. I trust you and all, but you shouldn't waste your time on my case, you're not going to win."

"(Y/n), I don't care about statistics of me winning, just tell me what happened that day. I'm taking your case."

I smiled, "Thank you. So, I'd just back from a trial and I had given my case report to Mr Edgeworth like always, but when I came out of his office, Klavier found me, and started to talk to me about something. Eventually, I got mad at him and ended up punching him in the face, very hard apparently, because I got his blood on my hand. Then I heard a gunshot, and he fell into me, a bullet hole in his back, and within mere minutes, Mr Edgeworth, Prosecutor Blackquill and Miss von Karma had all heard the commotion and all saw me sitting beside his body, his blood covering my hands and the gun, somehow lying beside my leg. I promise I didn't shoot him, Thena! Please you have to believe me!"

"Oh wow... oh okay, so yeah... You're right that is going to be a hard case."

"I-if you want to give up on me, I understand, you're going to have a very hard time getting me declared innocent. I'll just wait for the state appointed attorney to come."

"Miss (L/n)."

I turned from Athena to the male that was with her, "Yeah?"

"Mr Wright told us something; 'A lawyer is someone who smiles no matter how hard it gets.' Please, let Athena take your case."

"O-okay. Thena, thank you again, so much!"

"Anything for a friend, (Y/n)!"

I felt a pang in my heart when she said 'friend'. I'd grown quite the crush on her since she'd been in Europe and I knew she'd only ever think of me as a friend.

---------------------

"T-thank you, THENA!" I squealed hugging her, "I owe you my life! Literally!" She smiled as I detached myself from her as her face turned slightly pink, "See, I told you I would believe in you until the end."

"Thank you, so much, Thena."

"Prosecutor ?" I turned at the familiar voice, "Oh, hello Mr Edgeworth! What may I do for you?"

"I came to apologise for testifying against you in court. As you know I was just saying what I witnessed."

I smiled, "It's perfectly fine, Mr Edgeworth. I know that's what you saw and anyone who saw that would think that I shot him." He smiled at me, a very rare thing to happen, and walked off. I then felt a weight on my back, "(Y/N)!" I smiled, my face going a tad pick and noticed Athena, "Did you need something, Athena?"

She hopped off my back and I turned back to face her, to see her biting her lip and her face bright red. I blinked, "You okay, Athena?" I heard and saw her take a deep breath before she looked at me in the eye and grabbed my upper arms kissing me, before dashing off. I blinked, but before I hand a chance to see where she'd gone, I couldn't see her anymore, the only thing I saw was Apollo's shoes chasing after her."

----------------

I knocked on the door of the agency, guessing that's where Athena had run off to and awaited for a response. The door was soon opened and Apollo was standing behind it, "Miss (Y/n)?"

"Mr Justice, is Athena here? I want to talk to her about something." He nodded and turned around, "Athena, (Y/n) wants to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to her."

"Thena, please, this is important. I feel the same. Well, that is if you love me too." Within a minute she was in front of me and kissing me all over my face, "I LOVE YOU (Y/N)!" I giggled, "Love you too, Thena," before I kissed her on the lips, causing her face to go the colour of Apollo's waistcoat and widget going bright pink."

-----------------END OF ONESHOT

So this took longer than expected, but Ima sleep now...