Safety (Blackquill x Reader)

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: Dual Destinies (specifically Turnabout for Tomorrow (And UR-1 mentions)

Type of oneshot: Fluff/part Angst

Reader's Age: 22/29

Reader's Occupation: Prosecutor

Reader's Relations: Edgeworth's younger sister

Warnings: Spoilers for UR-1 and Turnabout for Tomorrow

Other notes: This idea has been in my head for a while, I just haven't got around to writing it yet. Also, because we know next to nothing about the trial for UR-1, except for Simey being the defendant and Athena taking the witness stand, cause I can, Edgey's the prosecutor and (cause I love him so much as a character) Ray is the attorney

-----------------

"-It's simple. I killed Dr Cykes. I confess it. Simon is innocent. I am fully responsible for the crime. Your Honour, I will take any punishment you give me and I will accept it without saying anything."

"(Y/n)! Stop this now!"

"You're a prosecutor Miles, you're supposed to want a guilty verdict at every opportunity, or am I wrong? Just let me take my punishment. I'm a murderer and you can't do anything about it and Mr Shields, thank you for everything you've done for me in this trial. I will now face my punishment."

"WAIT! Please! This isn't right! She didn't kill mother! PLEASE I can hear it. Her heart is screaming out that she didn't kill her!"

No one listened to Athena's pleas, and after half an hour of it, the judge had had enough of the eleven-year-old's constant pleading and, "This court finds the defendant, GUILTY! Bailiff, take the defendant away!"

------------------MILES'S POV

"WRIGHT!"

"Edgeworth? What is it?"

"I have an idea. We make a deal. I help you get your badge back, you make sure that (Y/n) is freed."

"Freed from what?"

"For crying out loud, Wright! Look!" I shoved the paper in his face, "THIS! She took the blame for Dr Cykes' murder."

"W-what?!" he replied, grabbing the paper from me, "W-why?!"

"I have no idea! So, do we have a deal?"

"There's nothing you can do to help me get my badge back, Edgeworth. I should have made sure before presenting it."

"Wright, I will not give up until you have that badge back on your suit. You promise that when it's back there, you won't stop fighting until (Y/n) is freed?"

"Okay."

--------------------YOUR POV

"I've already said this, I killed Dr Cykes. There's nothing else to say."

"(Y/N)! We know you didn't! Tell us the truth!"

I sighed, "I am telling you the truth though!"

"Let's say, hypothetically, if you did, then why? What was your motive?"

"Simple. To save Athena. Dr Cykes had been doing experiments on her and it wasn't fair on the girl."

"HOLD IT! That isn't a viable mot-"

"-QUIET! I wasn't finished, Wright! Let me finish before you interrupt me! I had already tried talking to her several times to stop her doing experiments on Athena, but she kept refusing. There is no one else to blame for the murder except for me. I deserve the punishment I've been receiving for the past seven years. I'm guilty."

---------------------

"Why?"

"Why what, Simon?" I asked him. The trial was finally over, and no thanks to me, Phoenix had caught the real killed of Athena's mother.

"Why did you sacrifice yourself for Athena's sake?"

"Not just Athena though. I just couldn't let either Athena or you go to jail for a crime you didn't commit. I know it goes against what prosecutors are supposed to do, but I just couldn't."

"Why would you want to protect me?"

I felt my face heating up slightly, "T-That is none of your business!"

He chuckled, "You know, after seven years, you're still a Tsundere, (Y/n)."

"Shut up, I'm not a Tsundere."

"Yes you are."

"Do you want me to kiss you or not?" I immediately regretted what I said and my face increased in redness, "I-I mean do you really want me to murder you? That's what I said."

"I'm not deaf, (Y/n). I heard you the first time."

"Damnit. You know, I gotta go... I'll see you all sometime in the future." Unfortunately, before I could get to far, I was stopped, a hand grabbed onto the back of my suit jacket, "Two things, (Y/n). 1. You still have handcuffs on, let me remove them for you, and 2. Just kiss him."

"Nuuu! Get off me!"

"Not happening until you confess."

I sighed and glared at my brother, "Fine. Remove this pesky things for my then." He smiled at me before taking my wrists and undoing the handcuffs. Once they were off I rubbed my wrists trying to prolong what I was about to do. I heard a sigh from behind me before I was pushed towards Simon. I had to wrap my arms around him to stop myself from falling over, but I didn't expect him to just hold me there. I was expecting him to push me away, but he didn't. I dug myself into him and muttered something.

"What was that, (Y/n)? Couldn't hear you."

I sighed and removed my face from his coat, "I said I love you, okay?"

He was silent for a while, and I soon felt the tears falling down my cheeks, Miles, you are dead to me for making me do this. I detangled myself from him and dashed off, not wanting to talk to anyone.

MEANWHILE - ATHENA'S POV

"You should go after her, Simon. She just said the three words you've been wanting to hear from her for the past however many years, and then you just stand there in silence," I spoke out after he continued to stand there.

He was about to reply, but was interrupted, "Miss Cykes is right, Prosecutor Blackquill. Before you ask where she'll have run off to, try the lake, before the incident she was always going down there for personal time."

-------------------YOUR POV

"(Y/n)?"

"Simon."

"About your confession-"

"I know, you don't feel the same. I know I've made things awkward between u-" before I could finish, he'd pinned me up against a nearby tree and kissed me. I was shocked by it but kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck. Once we broke off, I hugged him and smiled, "I love you, Simey."

He sighed at the nickname but also smiled, "I love you too, (Y/n). Don't worry, you're safe now."

"Thank you," I replied, smiling.

--------------------END OF ONESHOT

Finally finished this... it's been in my head for a while....