Shooting Star (Phoenix x Reader)

Prompt: None

Timing: Between The Monstrous Turnabout and Turnabout Reclaimed

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Age: 33

Reader's Occupation: Defence Attorney

Reader's Relations: Phoenix's girlfriend since Recipe for Turnabout

Warnings?: None

Other notes: 1. This randomly came to me. 2. Because we don't ever actually see Phoenix's house in-game, I'm making one up

---------------------

"Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue. If you love me, dilly, dilly I will love you," I smiled and pecked Trucy's forehead as I tucked her into bed. It had been 8 years since her father had disappeared and Phoenix and I had adopted her. I walked out of her bedroom, closing the door behind me, slowly and quietly, before walking downstairs. I noticed Phoenix sitting on the sofa but I paid no mind to it as he'd been doing that a lot lately. None of us could cheer him up from what was bothering him, and he refused to speak about to it anyone. Both Apollo and Athena had tried with their abilities, but he didn't crack at all. I was going to continue my walk to the kitchen to get something to eat when I heard a quiet sob from the sofa. Knowing that Phoenix was crying broke my heart.

I changed course and walked to the sofa in the living room, "Nick? You okay?" He looked up at me and quickly wiped his tears, "I-I'm great, (Y/n). No need to worry yourself about me," he replied, turning away from me. This broke my heart more, "Nick, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting down on the sofa beside him and starting to rub his back, "I know something's wrong, Nick. I heard you crying before." He took a deep breath and turned to look at me, Finally. I brought a hand up and wiped the tears that had made themselves at home on his face, "Tell me."

"(Y-(Y/n), why do you love me?" I was shocked at this, "Nick, what sort of question is that? I love you because you're you."

"But, I'm not a lawyer anymore. I was stupid with that diary page and I should have checked it before presenting it in court. Even when I was a lawyer, I only won cases because I had you there with me, helping me out w-" I shut him up by kissing him on the lips, "Nick, I don't care if you're a lawyer or not. I love you for you and that will never change." I smiled and pecked his cheek before starting to sing, "Close your tired eyes, relax and then count from 1 to 10 and open them. All these heavy thoughts will try to weigh you down, but not this time," I paused and placed my hand on his cheek, "Way up in the air, you're finally free and you can stay up there, right next to me. All this gravity will try to pull you down, but not this time." I pulled the beanie Trucy had made him off of his head, letting his spikes reign free, "When the sun goes down, and the lights burn out, then it's time for you to shine brighter than a shooting star, so shine no matter where you are. Fill the darkest night, with a brilliant light 'cause it's time for you to shine brighter than a shooting star, so shine no matter where you are tonight. Woah, woah, woah, brighter than a shooting star. Shine no matter where you are, tonight," I adjusted out position so that his head was lying on my lap and I was stroking his hair. I continued singing the song to him, until I had sung the whole song, "'Cause it's time for you to shine brighter than a shooting star, so shine no matter where you are tonight. Woah, woah, woah brighter than a shooting star, shine no matter where you are, tonight." I smiled at him, kissing his forehead, "Do you believe me now, Nick? I love you for you. You don't need your badge to shine. You're a shooting star in my eyes no matter what. Trust me?" I asked, pecking him on the lips.

"I trust you, (Y/n)."

---------------------------------

"Mr Wright, there's someone who wants to see you." I heard Apollo's statement and ran up to Nick pouncing on his back, "I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it," I squealed, hopping off of his back and walking around so I was in front of him, I adjusted his tie and pecked him on the lips, "See, Nick. You're not a failure and you never have been. You just need to believe in yourself more and remember, you're a shooting star." He looked away to me to Athena, gaining a nod in return, "You got this, Boss!"

Phoenix tured back to me and brushed a piece of hair that had fallen in front of my face behind my ear, "(Y/n), I-I have a question to ask you."

"Hm? Go ahead, Nick."

"I-I was wondering whether," his face turned red, "whether you'd like to," he paused and filled in his pocket for something. Pulling out a little box, he looked back to me, getting down on one knee, "marry me?" he finished, opening the box, revealing a beautiful ring. I nodded, "Of course! I'd love to marry you, Nick! I love you so much!" before he could stand up I pounced on him, knocking him to the ground, and kissed him.