Athena to the Rescue (Apollo x Reader)

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: After SoJ, but if Apollo didn't stay in Khura'in

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Age: 24

Reader's Occupation: Defence Attorney

Reader's Relations: Athena's Older Sister

Warnings: None

Other notes:

--------------------------------

I was sitting on one of the sofas in the Agency looking over a case file, when the door was burst open, "(Y/N)! Guess what I finally did!"

I sighed and put down the file, turning to my younger sister, "What is it this time, Thena?"

Instead of replying, she pulled Juniper inside the Agency. "I did it!" she shrieked pushing Junie towards me. I was thankful that no one else was in the Agency; Mr Wright was on a case and Trucy had dragged Apollo off to help her with her show. However, I was also confused as to why Athena had pushed Junie towards me.

"I FINALLY ASKED HER!"

Juniper giggled slightly at my confused face before holding up her left hand, "She means this." I smiled widely and hugged the two of them, "I'm so happy for you! Let me see it closer," I squeaked, grabbing Juniper's hand and pulling it towards my face, consequently pulling the timid girl towards me. After about two minutes of me admiring the ring Athena had bought for Juniper, I sighed and looked at my own hand, "I want one."

I then heard Athena giggling, "Apollo's gotta ask you to marry 'im first, (Y/n)."

"I know that, Thena. I just wish he would hurry up and ask me!"

"He's probably nervous about it."

I huffed and sat back down on the sofa, "Don't know why. I mean, I'd say 'yes' in a heartbeat if he would just hurry up and ask me! I mean, we've been dating for like 3 years! You two, yes I know you've known each other since childhood, but you've only been dating for 6 months!" I pouted and crossed my arms, "It's not fair. Seriously, I may as well ask him at this point!"

"Apollo will ask in his own time, (N/n), just be patient."

This snapped me, "Thena, you know I'm not patient! You've known me your whole life!"

Before she could reply, the door was opened and in came Trucy, bouncing along, Apollo following behind her, his 'spikes' deflated and him sweating, a horrified look on my face. I giggled before standing up and walking to him, "Come on, Polly. Where's the smile I love? I know Trucy's a handful, but for me?" He looked me in the eyes before smiling. This made me smile and I hugged him, "Love ya, Polly."

"I-I love you too, (Y/n)," he replied sighing before going to sit on the sofa. I sighed myself before walking out the agency. I needed a walk to stretch my legs after sitting on the sofa all morning reading the case file over and over, because the person who'd written it out had very bad handwriting.

----------MEANWHILE - ATHENA'S POV

"Athena, can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, Apollo, but yes. You can," I replied sitting on the sofa opposite him.

"Do you know what's up with (Y/n)? Ever since yesterday, she been acting off. Like she's saddened by something."

I decided to be straight with him, "Apollo. I know how to get her back to her normal self."

"Are you going to tell me?"

"You got to pop the question, Apollo."

He was confused to say the least, "Huh? What do you mean, Athena?"

I sighed, "I mean, you have to ask (Y/n) to marry you. Propose to her. She's been upset because you two have been together for a long time and she wants to marry you. She said just before you came in that she'd " say 'yes' in a heartbeat if he would just hurry up and ask". I know you've been nervous about asking her, Apollo. I can hear it in your heart, but if anyone knows (Y/n), it's me, her sister, you've got to ask her. Seriously, Apollo, with how little time you've been spending with her, she's started to believe that you don't love her anymore. She's told me, well, rather I worked out, that on the rare occasion that when you go on a date, she's scared that you're going to break up with her-"

"But she knows I love her! I've just been busy with cases."

"Then, ask her to flipping marry you!"

"Okay, I'll ask her when she gets back."

I tsked, "No. You're not asking her like this. What you're going to do is ask her to go on a date tonight, take her to her favourite restaurant, it's (F/r) if you didn't know, and ask her there. A working environment is not a good place for a proposal."

------------YOUR POV

When I returned to the agency, Apollo asked me if I wanted to go out that night. I smiled and nodded, "Anything particular you want me to wear?"

"Whatever you want to wear is perfect. You'll look amazing, whatever you're wearing." I smiled and felt heat rising to my face in embarrassment, "Really? O-Okay, then. I-I'll see you tonight, what time you going to pick me up?"

"Whatever time suits you, (Y/n)."

I smiled and pecked his cheek, "In that case, pick me up at 7. I'll be waiting."

------------

And, Apollo was true to his word. At 7 on the dot, there was a knock on mine and Athena's front door. I grabbed my handbag as Athena opened the door. I walked downstairs to see Athena talking to Apollo, although, on further inspection, it looked more like she was telling him off or giving him a set of instructions, which was weird for 2 reasons; 1. Apollo was older than her and; 2. If it was something to do with the Agency, then Apollo was her superior as he'd been working for Mr Wright for longer than Athena had.

"Polly?"

He turned around and his mouth fell agape, "W-wow. (Y/n), you look stunning."

I giggled and ruffled his hair, "You're not too bad yourself, but you're not you without the spikes, plus, I like em."

A few minutes later, we were out the door and Apollo took my hand, dragging me off into the city centre. I giggled, "Apollo, where are you taking me?"

He smiled at me, "You'll see." He then stopped moving, causing me to bump into the back of him, however, he was quick to grab my waist and stop me from falling onto the ground. I smiled up at him and pecked his lips, "Thank you, Polly, but why'd you stop?" He didn't answer, but dragged me inside the building.

----------------

I sighed for the 50th time that night, "Okay, Apollo. What is up with you? You've been acting odd all evening and you keep fiddling with your own fingers," my face turned sad, "Listen, Apollo, if you're going to break up with me, I understand your decision." I tried not to let the tears fall and let him see I was crying in the first place. When I finally looked up at him, he had a shocked look on his face, "(Y/n), why in the world would I break up with you?! I love you so much! I've been nervous because I've been trying to find the right time to propose to you. (Y/n), I want to marry you, I'm not breaking up with you. If I was going to do that, which I'm not, I wouldn't have done it here and lead you on into thinking something good was going to happen. (Y/n), I love you."

I smiled, "R-really? Y-you're asking me to marry you?"

He nodded, "Yes, I am. Y-you seem shocked."

"YES! Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

He breathed a sigh of relief before digging into his pocket "I guess you can have this now. This wasn't the way I had planned to ask you, but now, I wouldn't have it any other way." He took my hand and placed a box in it, "Open it."

I smiled and nodded before proceding to open the bow. I gasped when I saw the contents; a beautiful ring, "Apollo this is amazing. Thank you so much. I took it out the box and placed it on my finger before grabbing his cheeks and kissing him on the lips, "I love you so much, and thank you."

"I love you too, (Y/n), never forget that."

------------END OF ONESHOT

Peoples like?