(Phoenix x Reader)

This is a request. I have had this one for a while but I haven't had time to write it due to me having several other books to update as well. The requester wants to remain anonymous.

Timing: Farewell, My Turnabout (Therefore spoilers for the case)

Warnings: Attempted Suicide, Self-Harm

----------------------------

After Phoenix had taken on Engarde's case, and we got into the investigation more, I started to feel like I wasn't helpful enough for him. Everyone else that was helping out, was connected to the law system: Gumshoe was looking for Maya, Edgeworth was prosecuting but was still kind of helping and Phoenix himself was defending with all his might, either to free Engarde or just to keep the trial dragging on, to give Gumshoe more time. Throughout all this, I was unable to help in any way due to the fact that I was just a performer. If I had been in the Law System, then I'd put everything I had into finding Maya.

The last time I felt completely useless was when my best friend was killed and I was accused of murdering her. I tried and I tried to snap myself out of the daze of wanting to harm myself or kill myself but, I still ended up in the bathroom, knife in hand and slicing my wrist. After I had done it, I realised my mistake and called an ambulance. I bandaged my lower arm and sat by my front door, leaving ti unlocked just in case I passed out.

----------------

I was treated in the hospital but still had to stay there for a few days, so that they could make sure that I wouldn't try again within those few days. If I did then, I probably would die from blood loss. During those few days that I was in the hospital for, I received calls from Phoenix asking if he could come over and see me. However, when I was eventually allowed home, the same day, Phoenix called asking if he could come over. I finally allowed him to and he was over in two minutes.

"(Y/n)! What's been keeping you so busy? I've been so worried about you."

"There's just been something on my mind recently and I needed to have so space. How did the trial go by the way?" I replied rubbing my arm. I winced slightly, due to my cuts.

"Well, Engarde's in jail and Maya's free. We found her. Both her and Pearl are out getting burgers. (Y/n), what's wrong?"

"Nothing! Phoenix, can I ask you a question?"

"You just did but, yes."

"What would happen to the world if I was gone? I'm not going to try anything! I just want to know!"

"(Y/n), so many people would be impacted. You mean so much to so many people. There's also your performances, all the fans. Everyone in the courthouse knows you because you have such a warming presence. Maya and Pearl adore you and I-I's be devastated if you were gone." I noticed a slight pink tint to his cheeks. I smiled, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For making me feel better."

"O-Oh. Well, I better go actually. I need to stop Maya from eating me out of house and home."

"Yeah, that's fine. Bye."

"Bye," he replied walking out of the door.

---------------------------------A FEW MONTH'S LATER (Summer of the next year)

Right. Long sleeves! I frantically searched through my wardrobe looking for a top that had long sleeves, despite it being summer. I still hadn't told Phoenix the true reason that he couldn't come over for those few days while I was 'busy'.

I finally found one and dashed downstairs and opened the door to reveal Phoenix about to knock.

"(Y/n), why have you got long sleeves on? It's summer and it's boiling."

"I am always cold. I've had this for ages that I am always cold no matter what I try," I replied pulling him inside and pushing him into my living room after closing the door.

"(Y/n), you're sweating."

"Totally fine!"

A few hours later, I was washing my hands after making some lunch for us and I'd rolled my sleeve up out of habit. I then heard a gasp, "(Y/n)! Have you been cutting yourself?!" I turned around to see Phoenix, tears in his eyes, "Why?" He asked.

I finally decided it was time to tell him the truth, "Come sit on the sofa and I'll tell you." The two of us walked to my living room and sat down on one of the sofas, "During the Engarde case, I just felt so useless during the search for Maya a-and I felt like you didn't need me. I mean you don't really. You have Maya and Pearl, why would you need me? But, in the midst of cutting myself, I realised my mistake and called an ambulance. That's why I avoided you for those few days while the trial was happening and then a couple of days after." I looked down ashamed of myself. I looked up when I heard crying and I saw Phoenix was crying.

"Phoenix? What's wrong?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

"(Y/n), I don't care if you're an attorney or detective or anything to do with the law," he paused and took my arms in his hands gently rubbing his fingers over my cuts before leaning down and kissing every single one of them, "You make me happy. As well as so many others. (Y/n) you mean so much to so many people. Please never do this again. For me?"

"I won't. I've been getting therapy and have been much better lately. You don't have to worr-"

"(Y/n), this isn't about that. I love you. I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. You're the most important person to me," he cut me off placing a hand on my cheek. My eyes widened, "N-No one's ever said things like that to me before. Except for my now late best friend. Are you sure?"

"Yes, (Y/n). I love you so much. You mean so much to me and you are the most important person to me."