Help (Edgeworth x Prosecutor! Phoenix's Sister! Reader)

I know this is the third Edgeworth x Phoenix's Sister! reader. But, I had this idea for a while and the second one came to me just before I wrote it.

Timing: Turnabout Goodbyes

-------------------

Why can't those blasted detectives listen? The one person I tell them not to let get arrested and they let him get arrested! Who's salary- I was cut from my thoughts by a knock on the door to my office, "Come in."

"Miss Wright. I was wondering whether you'd want to take a look at the case file for this case. I know you won't take it, but you never know, it may come in useful. Maybe you might even find another suspect that the rest of the police force has overlooked!"

I looked up at the speaker, "Gumshoe, if the police force has overlooked something, doesn't it mean you overlooked it as well? I mean you are part of the police force after all."

"Sorry. Maybe this is the reason Mr Edgeworth keeps cutting my salary."

"And who's the one that keeps giving you a raise to compensate for it?"

"You! I owe you my life, Miss Wright! Thank you!" he ran up and hugged me. I awkwardly patted him on the back, "Gumshoe, can you get off me now?" He got off me and handed me the file before dashing out my office. I decided I would go and look at the crime scene, maybe I can persuade Nick to defend him. 

------------PHOENIX'S POV

"Come on, Nick! We need to investigate!"

"Maya! Stop! Let go of my arm!"

"This is for Mr Edgeworth, Nick! Come on!"

She was trying to drag me to Gourd Lake, mainly because she wanted to see Gourdy. I had told her countless times that Gourdy didn't exist but she wouldn't believe me. I eventually gave up and we walked to Gourd Lake but what we saw was not what we were expecting: (Y/n), walking around, and shouting at a bunch of police officers, "Has anyone found an actual lead on the case yet?!"

"But, ma'am we already have Mr Edgeworth is cust-"

"Can it!"

"(Y/n), can we be of any help?" I asked her. She squeaked and turned around when I spoke, "Oh, Nick, Maya. What brings you two here?"

"We're going to investigate."

"And look for Gourdy!"

(I think you can guess who said what)

YOUR POV

 "That's great! Please say, you're going to defend him!"

"Well, we talked to Edgeworth but.." he was cut off by Maya, "He said he didn't want our help!"

"What!? Gumshoe! You're in charge! Let Nick and Maya investigate, I  will be back soon!" and with that, I walked off to the detention centre.

---------------------

"Please! Nick and Maya are trying to help you! Why won't you let them defend you?!"

"I told Wright before, I didn't want him getting involved."

"B-but they want to help! If I needed help and someone was willing to help me, I'd let them help without hesitation! Especially Nick! He's an amazing attorney!"

"He's only had three cases!"

"And he won all three! Please just let him defend you! You're going to need a great attorney for this case!"

"Why?"

"Because Von Karma's prosecuting you! He'll have forged evidence of some sort to make sure you're found guilty! For both this and if he can connect the two incidents, he'll try and pin the blame on you for the DL-6 incident as well! Please! Just let Nick defend you! I'm begging you, Miles!"

"Fine, I'll let Wright defend me, happy?"

"Yep! Thank you!" I bounced out of the detention centre with a smile on my face. 

------------------PHOENIX'S POV - After the third day of trial

"Well, Wright. Thank you. I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for your foolheartedly defence. So thank you."

"What are friends for, Edgeworth?"

"And we had Gumshoe's help!"

"What do you mean, Miss Fey?"

"He's the one that gave us that metal detector!" Maya replied.

"Yea, well, Gumshoe wasn't the only one that was helping us when the probably shouldn't have been," I spoke up.

"What do you mean, Wright?" Edgeworth asked.

"(Y/n). She hasn't slept since Christmas Eve. She pulled three all-nighters to save you, Edgeworth. Let's just say; She's got a massive crush on you."

"Nick! He wasn't supposed to know that until I was ready to tell him!"

"Well, it's high time you do tell him, (Y/n)!"

She walked over to us and was going to reply, but fainted instead. Edgeworth caught her and we went back to the office. He placed her down on the sofa and I got her a glass of water for when she woke up.

------------YOUR POV

I woke up in the office, to see Nick, Maya, Miles and Larry, "What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted, (Y/n). This is why you need to sleep!"

"For once, I agree with Edgeworth. You need sleep, (Y/n)."

"Nick, can I please talk to Miles alone?" He stood up and nodded, dragging Maya and Larry out the office. Miles then turned to me, "(Y/n), was Wright telling the truth earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean when he said you had a crush on me. Is it true?"

I took a deep breath before answering, "Yes. It's the truth. 100% truth." I looked down to avoid embarrassment because I knew he didn't feel the same, but instead, I felt him lift my chin up. I was going to ask why, but he kissed me before I could. I was shocked by this but melted into it. Better take the chance when I have it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed him down on the sofa. We eventually had to break for Oxygen, "I love you, Miles."

"I-I love you too, (Y/n)."

"Finally!"