(Phoenix x Reader)

Requested by: Wants to remain anonymous
Timing: After Trilogy but before Phoenix's disbarrment
—————————-
Okay, you can do this (Y/n). I was an understudy for a performer in a stage musical and it just so happened that that night, the maim performer was sick so I had to take the role. I was nervous, due to the fact that people usually want to see the main person rather than the understudy. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, "You doing okay, (Y/n)?"
"Yeah, totally fine," I replied.
"You sure?"
"Yep!"
"Okay."
We walked out on stage and started the performance.
———————————
After the performance, we were doing a meet and greet when one of the audience members came up to me, "So, where's the main actor? I came here for the main performer not some knock-off!"
I was going to reply but, "That will be quite enough. You should keep your opinions to yourself. You don't know why this lady was performing tonight rather than the 'main actor' as you so wanted to see. Maybe they were sick or something? You shouldn't be mad at her when you don't know all the facts." I then felt a hand on my shoulder, "Now I suggest you stop harassing (Please, correct me if it's not the right verb or something else would fit better.) this lady before I call the cops."

The girl then ran off and I relaxed. I turned to the man who had helped me, "Thanks. She was starting to get on my nerves."

"It's okay, Miss. I'm happy to help."
"You were right by the way, the original actor was in an accident and she broke her leg, meaning she's out of the show for a while so hopefully there's no more people like that."
"If you want, I can ask Gumshoe if he can come down here and make sure it doesn't happen again."
"Oh, no. It's fine. I don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone!" I replied waving my arms in front of my face saying 'no'.
"Would you sign this for me?" he asked holding out his program to me. I took it with a smile on my face, "Sure. Could i get your name?" He told his name and I got out my pen before writing in it: Thank you, Phoenix, for helping me! Call me. (Insert Number) - (Y/n).
I handed it back to him and went backstage to get changed as the crowd was dying down.
————————————One Year Later

Why me? Why does this happen to me?

I was sitting in the detention centre, apparently, I had 'murdered' the girl that I was the understudy for. I was knocked from my thoughts by a guard, "Miss, you have a visitor."

"O-Okay," I replied, following him to the visitor's room.

"(Y/n), what happened?"

"Mr Wright! What are you doing here?"

"I was wondering whether you needed an attorney, you know for your trial."

My face lit up, "You'd defend me?! Thank you so much! I didn't kill her I promise!"

"Callm down and tell me what happened."

"Okay, so,..." I told him the whole story, "And they're saying I killer her out of jealousy because I wanted to be in the spotlight."

"I'll defend you and I'll try my best."

"Thank you!"

-----------------------PHOENIX'S POV

During one of the witness's testimony, I noticed that (Y/n), was shaking slightly and that the witness had an obvious smirk platered on his face. I then remembered something (Y/n) had told me at the detention centre after the first day of the trial...

FLASHBACK

"Mr Wright, there's something important I need to tell you. I actually did see the incident. The real culprit blackmailed me not to say anything. Please don't bring it up tomorrow!"

"(Y/n), thank you for telling me but, if we want the truth to come to light, we'll have to ring it up. You'll need to tell the truth. We'll get you protection. Nothing will happen to you."

"Really Nick? You mean you, don't you? You'll protect her?"

"M-Maya! No! I meant actual protection."

FLASHBACK END

I'm sorry, (Y/n). I need to bring this up. 

"Your Honour, I need to address something." I looked up to see (Y/n) a nervous look on her face and giving me a sign not to say anything.

"What is it Mr Wright?"

"There's something my client told me when I spoke to her..."

FLASHBACK

"I actually did see the incident. The real culprit blackmailed me not to say anything."

FLASHBACK END

"Wright, what do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said. This is not a fair trial if the defendant has been blackmailed from telling the truth."

"Miss (L/n) is this true?"

(Y/n) nodded, "Yes. He said that he'd physically harm me me and my family if I told the truth."

"Miss (L/n), you can tell the truth. The court will get you protection."

"O-Okay..."

-------------YOUR POV

"Thank you so much, Mr Wright!"

"You're welcome, (Y/n)."

"Nick! You're blushing!"

"M-Maya! I'm not, it's just hot really hot."

I giggled, "It's minus four outside. It's not hot."

"You can't hide behind that excuse, Nick."

I giggled again at his red face before leaning up and pecking his cheek, "Thank you."

"Nick! Your blush just went from about ten to one hundred in two seconds."

"Um.. (Y/n), y-you missed."

"What?" I asked, my face lighting up.

"I mean what I said, 'you missed'," he replied, if his face could get any more red, it would be. I giggled again and leaned up to kiss him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and saw his eyes widen before I felt him wrap his arms around my waist. We broke off a few minutes later, "So, (Y/n), do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"I would love to," I replied.