A Proper Family (WAA x Orphan! Reader)

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Timing: Between Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice (but set @ Christmas time)

Type of oneshot: Fluff (With a bit of, I guess, angst)

Reader's Age: 16

Reader's Occupation: None (due to age)

Reader's Relations: None (Reader-Chan be an orphan @ an orphanage)

Warnings: None? Unless sadness counts

Other notes: (F/A) means favourite animal

------------------------

"(Y/n)?"

"Hm? Yes, Miss Alana?" I replied turning to the orphanage owner, while trying not to disturb the sleeping five-year-old on me.

"I know this is a bit unconventional, but can you please go down to the nearest shop and get some lemons for me?"

I smiled, "Of course, I'd be happy to help." She smiled back at me and I managed to stand up without waking Mia up, who had been sleeping on me. Miss Alana gave me some money and I left the orphanage.

However, on my way back, I got caught up in a situation, I didn't want to be in. Which is what led me to being in the detention centre, "I promise, I didn't kill her! You have to believe me!"

"I trust you, (Y/n). I can tell you'd never do anything like this, you've got a good heart inside of you."

I smiled, "Thank you, Mr Wright. Thank you so much for agreeing to defend me."

------------------------

"(Y/n), this may seem like an odd question, but what is Christmas like at the orphanage?"

I sighed and looked down, not really wanting to talk about it, apparently she got my message, "A-although, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to!"

I ignored her response, "I-it's fine. For me, Christmas is just another day. It's not really special to be honest, every child just gets the same gift each year, as in the same as each other, like we'll all get a pair of pyjamas of something like that, every year, but I guess one fun thing is that each year we all write a wish on a piece of paper and hang it on the tree."

"What do you wish for, (Y/n)?"

"Athena, you don't ask that! If you tell someone what you wished for, it doesn't come true."

"Well, it's always come true, my wish. Every year I ask for at least of the kids in that orphanage to get adopted, and each year it comes true. That's what they all want to, to get adopted. I thought living in a massive house with lots of other children would be fun to be honest, turns out it's not. I'm the oldest one in that orphanage, and when I turned twelve, anything that was remotely 'childish' was taken away from me and given to the younger children, thankfully the only thing that Miss Alana deemed childish was my stuffed (F/A) toy. That was taken away from me and given to one of the smaller children, as I was told, "You're growing up (Y/n), you don't need a stuffed toy to sleep with." before it was cruelly snatched from me, but in fact, although I hate to admit it, even though I am sixteen, I do need something soft to sleep with. I haven't had a good night sleep since my twelfth birthday."

-----------------(25th December)

After the first day of the trial, I was sitting in my cell at the Detention Centre, when a guard came up and caught my attention, "Miss (Y/n)." I looked up from my sitting position on the ground and walked to the door of the cell, "Yes?"