A Turnabout for Jealousy (Phoenix x Reader)

Requested By: Requester wants to remain anonymous

Timing: Between The Lost Turnabout and Reunion and Turnabout

Listen to the song (It's good!) and this one:

------------------------

After Phoenix had said that he would be there for me (I'll be there when you need a friend. I'll be there to support you... Sorry! Back to the oneshot) he would call me every day or I would call him and we just talked about things until it had distracted me from my thoughts. This was the only way that we'd actually get time to talk alone; Maya would alway butt in to everything if we tried to do anything together, slowly becoming the annoying 'third wheel'. It was one day when I knew Phoenix had a trial that I called him (Once I knew the trial was finished that is).

"Hey, Phoenix."

"Oh, hey (Y/n). You good?"

"Yep! I'm great. What about you?"

"Just finished a trial actually. Gained temporary amnesia before it so I had to do the trial without any help..."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me!? I'm coming to the office!"

"Okay, I'll see you there."

I hung up and ran straight to the office, beating Phoenix back. I sat down on the sofa and waited.

--------------------

I perked up when I heard the door open and footsteps, "(Y/n), are you here?"

"I'm here!" I replied standing up and running to him, hugging him in the process, "I was wondering when you'd be back! I was nearly falling asleep!"

"Hi, (Y/n)!"

"Maya," I replied bluntly. You never told me Maya was with you! Stupid Maya! Thinks she can steal Phoenix from me! I've known him longer! Why? Why does Maya get to spend more time with him than me? She gets to go pon investigations with him and help him in court whereas I only get one phone call a day! This is not fair! Stupid Maya! 

"Nick! Can we go and get burgers?!"

"Okay, Maya. We can go and get burgers, if it will shut you up," Phoenix replied. I sighed before going to walk out the door, "I'll talk to you tomorrow. It's obvious you're busy now." I then felt a hand on my arm stunning me moving forward, "(Y/n), you're not going anywhere. You can come with us! I did say I'd spend time with you after the trial, didn't I?"

"I see the amnesia's gone away then," I responded turning back to the two.

--------------PHOENIX'S POV

Over the course of lunch (ie Burgers), I noticed (Y/n) seemed to be fidgety and looked sad. I wasn't going to press her on it until something happened...

"Achoo!"

"Bless you!"

"Thanks, Maya."

I knew that sneezing was (Y/n)'s nervous tick and I started to get slightly nervous, she'd never hidden anything from me, "Maya, is this some sort of 'girl thing' I don't know about? If it is can you two please talk about it?"

"Okay, Nick! Come one, (Y/n)!" she replied grabbing (Y/n)'s arm and dragging her to the toilets (Don't ask).

YOUR POV

"Maya, please! Let go of me!"

"What is it?"

"What is what?"

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Will you be quiet if I tell you?"

"Yes! I'll be quiet!"

"I have a crush on Phoenix and you keep stealing him from me!" I shouted.

"What?! I knew it! Don't worry, I'll help you confess! Firstly, meet me at the office at 7 tonight!"

"Okay, why?"

"No questions!"

"Okay."

We walked back to the table and sat back down. Maya leaned up and whispered something in Phoenix's ear that I couldn't hear.

-------------

I walked into the the office to see it in darkness, "Maya? You here?"

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here? Maya said to meet her here."

"She told me the exact thing."

"I was wondering, are you mad at me?"

"Why would I-Achoo!"

"(Y/n), listen to me," he replied taking my hands in his, making my face flush red, "You don't need to tell me anything if you're not ready to."

"No, you should know. Is there something between you and Maya?"

"No... Why?"

"Well it's just am I a burden to you? Or useless or something? That makes you not want to hang out with me?"

"(Y/n), are you jealous?!"

I slowly nodded looking down at the ground.

"There's no need to be. There's nothing going on between me and Maya. I only see her as a sister, (Y/n). I appreciate both of you the same, you are not useless nor a burden. In fact I love you."

"What?!"

"I said I love you, (Y/n). Romantically."

My face lit up and I pounced on him, knocking him to the ground, "I love you too!" I kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck, "I love you so much! I have for ages!"