Chapter 1

A/N: Before we begin, please look at our other story: Forget-Me-Not, Parasite. It's another Dabi x OC story. ;w; It has better grammar and stuff in there. I may come back to this sometime to tinker with the writing. In the meantime, enjoy! Hope to see you in our other story! And please follow my main profile for more reading material!

------

Vibrant hair with the hues of purple, pink to yellow. Her braid upon her head flowed as she ran.

Her wavy locks' appearance mimic like a vibrant sunset

Her wavy locks' appearance mimic like a vibrant sunset. She held her scraps of food closely towards her.

(Seriously...)

This 20 year old woman was named Satoko Takashi. Quirkless.

(All this for food?)

Yeah, she stole it, but a girl's gotta eat anyways. It's hard living on the streets where you're poor and starving.

Common criminals were chasing her. Eventually, she got cornered into the alleyway. She gritted her teeth and sighed.

"Don't you all have anything BETTER to do than pick on someone like me?" she turned towards them. "You're REALLY getting on my nerves. Back off."

Her fierce yellow eyes glared at them. Her stomach churned and growled. She gets pretty hangry if she doesn't get to eat something soon.

One of the criminals tilted his head as he smirked. "Why should we? We're just as hungry as you are. It's selfish to keep it all for yourself!"

He lifted up one hand. The skin of his fingers hardened and became sharp like knives. As his hands trembled from the transformation, the steel clicked against each other.

The second villain outstretched his long brown wings. They lacked feathers and had a similar pattern of some sort of insect. "Yes. It would be a shame if we had to beat up a little girl, wouldn't it?"

The first guy snickered. "We gotta do what we gotta do. Beetle. Be ready to run as soon as we're done."

Beetle nodded. He flapped his wings to enhance his speed as he ran towards Satoko with his arms ready to grab the food.

"Tch." Satoko scowled. "Little?" She smashed her fist into Beetle's face. "I'm not as weak as you think!!"

That didn't stop him being caught off guard. She flipped over him and kicked into his neck. Hitting into a weak point. The other guys stood in shock from witnessing her strength.

It's so irksome to her that these guys can just get food easily with their quirks. Even though her words have confidence in them, she fought any inch of anxiety she had while fighting them off. Adrenaline was peaking. This wasn't her first fight with crooks but certainly not last. Every day was a fight to survival.

This was her every day norm. She kept up a good fight. That one guy with the sharp fingers, she really had to watch out for.

In the distance, there were other people standing around and watching what was occurring. Commenting and spectating.