Chapter 6

"You need to practice with your quirk. See what you can do." Dabi was sitting on a chair as he watched Satoko intently. "You can try it on the other league members and see what happens."

"Uh. How?" Satoko frowned. "I can only fight physically."

She really didn't understand what he expected from her.

Dabi groaned. "Just order Shigaraki around or something. See if anything happens."

Shigaraki's head shot up. He was resting on the couch when he heard his name. "I never agreed to this!"

"Deal with it. You're the one who wanted her this time," Dabi pointed out.

One of Shigaraki's eyes twitched. "You wanted her too, so don't act like it was just me."

"I doubt it's a quirk that controls people." She denied as she ignored their statements. "Not everyone listens to me. In my experience, people only listened when they felt threatened from my strength."

If this was the case, then her dad would have listened to her when she asked him to stop. Her mom would have listened to her too. The mere image of his fists pounding down upon her crossed her mind.

"This must be a joke..." She had her voice lowered with that last remark.

"Just try it," he insisted. "If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. But if it does...we have something to gain from it."

He almost cringed at how much that first part sounded like his father. Always saying 'just try it' when he was a child as if he would take no for an answer. But it was fine if Dabi did it, right? Because Dabi had been treated badly his entire life. Clearly, he would have no choice but to act out on anger.

In the deepest depths of his mind, he knew that he was wrong in thinking that. It wasn't easy to accept though. So he wouldn't.

"Ugh." She complained. She suspects they would be faking it, but...

How would that make any sense? These felons just do whatever she wants?

Well, it's worth a shot. These people are just insane anyways.

Shigaraki seems to be a scary person. She doubts he would easily listen. Despite how bad these people are, she doesn't want to ask them to hurt themselves.

That would be messed up even though they are bad people.

"Face the wall." She ordered in dull tone. Thinking she has proven her point, Shigaraki didn't move. "Ya see? Nothing."

There was a little disappointment in her tone.

But little does she know, she doesn't know how to control her quirk. It doesn't just work at whim.

Shigaraki looked towards Dabi. "Well? Why isn't it working now?!"

Dabi shrugged. "I dunno. How should I? Maybe she needs to be in a scarier situation."

Shigaraki stood up and approached Satoko. He looked back at Dabi before doing anything. "Why aren't you the one she tests it on?"

"She likes me better than she likes you. Now be quiet and do your job." Dabi looked rather proud to say that.

"I don't like you!" Satoko hissed, looking towards Dabi. But she doesn't even know if she was even telling the truth. That even felt weird saying that. "I mean..."

She stopped herself from apologizing. Why should she anyway?

Then, she just had noticed Shigaraki approaching her. She started getting that chill down her spine.