Misfortune Route - Chapter 3

It was a no brainer that this field trip was canceled. Everyone was regrouping with each other and waiting for transportation to get back to the dorms.

Everyone had pained expressions seeing Momo's lifeless body being covered and wheeled away in an ambulance. They would have to preserve her that way. Katsuki held onto Ochako, who was crying.

Most of the female students were sobbing. Jiro felt devastated as well. Momo was her dear close friend.

There was no words to describe this type of loss.

Endeavor tried to go to Shoto, but he pushed him away. He decided to back off from him.

Toga and Twice were being put into the police cars as everyone had their own ways of mourning.

Even the skies looked melancholy as it started to downpour with rain.

The hospital staff did well taking care of Satoko. She only had a mild concussion. Nothing too worrisome to be wary of.

Recovery Girl was able to heal her pretty well.

Hawks didn't want her to stay there too long nor leave her side. After receiving medications to give to her, he had her moved to his apartment complex.

She was lying in his bed, still unconscious. It didn't take her lengthy amount of time to wiggle her eyes open.

"Took ya long enough." Hawks smirked.

Satoko nearly jumped. She looked around at her surroundings. She wasn't in a hospital, but Hawks's home again.

Let alone his bed.

"What did you do-" She started getting angry assuming things in the midst of her confusion.

"Took ya to the hospital. Got you meds." He shook a bottle. "Get your mind outta the gutter."

His response made her scowl. "Why am I here then?"

"I didn't want Dabi to find you. This place is off his radar. I wanted to make sure you were alright." His tone was sincere.

"You-" She paused as she was starting to recollect everything. Her body shifted in the bed towards him. "The girl! What happened to her?!"

She can't remember much after passing out underwater. The solemn look on Hawks's face made her anxiety ascent.

"She didn't make it..." He looked down.

"No..." Her hand palmed against her head. "I wasn't fast enough. I should have-"

He took her hand away from her face and held it. "Look at me." She did. "Don't you go around blamin' yourself, alright?"

"I didn't want anyone to die." She shook her head. "I failed. I'm so useless."

Just like how her dad called her before.

"Hey, now." He squeezed her hand. "You've done all you could. You're not perfect in your actions. Stop trying to be."

Satoko held back any tears from faltering. Hawks could even see it in her eyes.

"Why do you do that?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She looked away.

"Suppress yourself. Like it's a bad thing." He's one to talk. He would always mask his emotions too at some moments. He had a knack for seeming like a laidback man.

Satoko thought for a moment. She recalled what Dabi had told her about Hawks supposedly being a spy. A hero working with the villains.

"I'll tell you only if you confirm one thing with me." She looked at him fiercely in his eyes.