Chapter 13

"Why do you do this to me?" Her voice trembled more. "Why touch me like this like you want to comfort me and then go saying stuff like that?!"

Her face turned away from him, feeling scared from the feeling moist feeling from her eyes. She couldn't suppress that feeling anymore. He couldn't see her face, but he can see her shoulders trembling. She definitely was crying.

Stop it. Just stop it.

The memory came of her father punishing her more for every time she had shed a tear or two. It made her internally believe that crying was a weakness.

It started to head towards another emotional breakdown.

"Dabi, you idiot," said a scratchy voice from the doorway. "What did you do this time?"

Dabi looked towards the doorway to see Shigaraki. He looked rather annoyed. "I helped her get away from her crazy family is what I did. Now get her some ice or something. She has a bump on her head."

After a few minutes, Shigaraki appeared again with an ice pack. He shoved Dabi out of the way. "Will you stop that?" Dabi growled. He tried to push his way back into his spot, but Shigaraki held out his hand threateningly.

"I'll decay you if you don't let me sit where I want."

The two glared at each other for a few seconds before Dabi sighed and stood up. Shigaraki chuckled in satisfaction.

Shigaraki placed the ice pack onto the table beside Satoko. "You're going to have to hold it on yourself."

Satoko didn't budged. Her hands was gripping against her face to get herself to stop crying. Some of her blood from her hands smeared against her face. She didn't turn around to face him.

"I don't need it. Leave me alone." She sniffled while taking a heavy breath in. This was mortifying to her as she couldn't get herself to stop.

"You don't NEED it, but I want you to have it," Shigaraki argued. "There's nothing wrong with me wanting to take care of another League member."

Finally getting herself to partially stop, reluctantly she put the ice pack on the back of her head. She was somewhat turned around where they could both see her face.

She didn't look at anyone. One could tell her complexion was stained from tears due to the blood smudges on her cheeks. "Why even bother when I'm in a pathetic state like this? Haha... Look at me. Is it great to see me like this? I bet it is."

"I didn't say anything like that. The thought didn't even cross my mind, it's such a weird thing to say," he replied.

"You're going to make it worse," Dabi commented. "She's sensitive right now."

Shigaraki turned his head to glare at Dabi. "You didn't seem to be helping either."

Satoko seeing how they're both kind of considering her in their own way, she strangely calmed down. Probably due to the fact that she had lost energy to have any more willpower to say anything else.

"...Sorry." She grumbled. "I know I'm being stupid. I can't handle myself sometimes. My pitiful sobs won't happen again. I'll get it under control."

As if she was to blame. But that's how she always looks at things. The one person she's most critical about is herself.

"Unlike the heroes, we won't bully you for crying sometimes." Shigaraki looked away. He felt embarrassed to be saying things like that. He had never really tried to lift someone's spirits before. "It's ok for us to have strong bonds with each other. That way we can take down hero society together."