Hawks Route - Chapter 2

There was a bunch of feathers coming out suddenly. They lashed towards Twice. "She's coming with me."

Twice wasn't able to dodge the attack in time. The feathers pierced through his skin in a few areas, causing him to howl in pain.

His knees buckled from beneath him. The feathers made him unable to move much because every time he moved, more blood was lost. He lifted his head to look at Hawks. "What are you doing?!"

"Stopping you from harming any more students." Hawks whipped out his feather blade and pointed it towards Twice.

His eyes looked a bit cold. "I don't want to fight you. Please, get out of here, Bubaigawara. Forget this so called mission of yours."

(He wants to stop him?) Satoko felt confused. "If you didn't want to fight, then you shouldn't have hurt him!"

"No!" Twice yelled. He wouldn't stop struggling even though it only brought him more pain. A sense of desperation was taking over his mind. "I thought we were friends! You wouldn't kill a friend, would you?!"

"I'm giving you a choice. End this now or face the consequences." Hawks pressed. "I don't want to kill a friend, but I can't let you guys do this anymore. Not when you have Sunset. Leave or fight me. It's up to you."

"I'm not leaving! I'll do what I want in life!" Twice's body shook with sobs. It was clear that he wouldn't be spared. He wanted to live, but in his eyes, he had already lived a good life. "You can't take Takahashi either! Not if she doesn't want to go with you! You heroes think you can control everyone else's lives, but you can't!"

Was it painful at times? Of course. No life is ever perfect. Everyone suffers. Everyone dies. Somewhere in between life and death, a person can discover their home if they're lucky enough.

Twice had found his. He had a group of people who he could consider as his family. He was happy with them even after everything he had been through. He thought that was enough to make any life worthwhile.

Satoko went over to Hawks. Her hand placed on his wrist. "Leave him. I don't want anyone to die."

Hawks can feel the compassion and care in her touch. This woman that has tenderness towards these villains, despite her fierce nature. She really was a good person.

A better person than them all combined. For a moment, he gave her a soft and sad smile.

Hawks lowered his feathers and let Twice go. "You can do what you want, but leave these kids alone. Stop hurting innocent people. Go now."

Twice stood up. His wounds were bleeding through his outfit. He cursed in his mind. "I told you that I'll do what I want!"

Twice was relatively hopeless against someone like Hawks. Still, he lunged towards him with the intention of inflicting damage.

"You don't listen, do you?" The pain became apparent in Hawks's eyes.

"Sto-" Satoko's voice got cut off by a splash of blood.

Hawks's feather blade had pierced into Twice's chest. "I didn't want to do this. Why must you be this way?"

It was either Twice or choosing the lives of the students. He had to prioritize their safety over Twice's life. He hated seeing Satoko's stunned expression from that moment.

Twice felt a slimy, warm substance shoot out of his chest. His breathing stopped immediately. There was overwhelming pain, but then it was peaceful. All of the sounds around him started to fade away into nothing.

The fear of death gave him a bellyache. He couldn't help but be a little scared when his death was inevitable. The fear wasn't able to persist for long though. Not when its host was gone.