Chapter 20

Satoko tried to visit Toga and Twice, but they weren't accepting visitors today.

(Must be a rough day...)

They have their own fair share of mental health problems, so Satoko understands people needing space sometimes.

With a worn out facial expression, she went to visit Shigaraki. She feels bad she is visiting him at lower spirits.

"Your face...did someone hurt you?" He asked immediately. It was the first thing said when she sat down. "Who was it? I'll kill them."

He obviously wouldn't be able to kill anyone anytime soon. He was mostly thinking out loud. Seeing her hurt brought an irritating feeling of helplessness. It was the same type of feeling as when she collapsed and he was unable to touch her for fear of activating his quirk.

"No one hurt me." She couldn't get Toya out of her mind. What can she do?

How can she make things better?

"Toya was hurting. I share his pain because of my quirk. It caused my eyes to bleed-" Unexpectedly, her eyes started to flood. The pain in her heart was increasing. "S-sorry. Agh. I came to visit you and I'm like this-"

Her elbows rested against her knees to prop her lowered head up. "I'm fine. I'm fine." She kept repeating it to make herself believe it.

Shigaraki's eyes widened. He moved closer to the glass and pressed his hands against it. His touch against the glass was gentler compared to Toya's panicked pushing.

When his wrists came into view, the handcuffs on his wrists became more obvious. There was a green light on one of them. It must have been some sort of quirk suppression device.

"Why don't you tell me what's really going on?" He asked.

"Are you sure you want to hear me vent?" She didn't lift her head. "You have enough problems too. I don't want to make things worse. That's all I feel like I'm doing."

"Oh, shut up about making things worse." His voice was practically a growl, trying to mask the fact that he was extremely concerned for her. "I wouldn't have asked you the question if I didn't want an answer. Talk the entire time you're here about what's bothering you, for all I care. I just want to see you."

(And hear your voice.) He kept that part to himself.

She started wiping her nose with her sleeve. It was useless to wipe these dang tears that wouldn't stop. Hearing that from him made it helpful for her to pour everything out.

While she kept talking, it was hard to manage to get her words out due to her sobbing. She told him everything that went on today. Her heartache with not knowing how to fix them as a family.

How she can see both sides are suffering because of one person's abuse towards them.

"I don't want him wanting to kill them anymore." She kept going. "I also hate the fact there's so much hurt. Yeah, sure, we have similarities to our pasts, but I can't seem to get through to him understanding what he has."

Her head slightly lifted to a subtle point he could see her face. "My family never loved me... I don't even think my sister did either when she died. Yet he has siblings who do love him. Even his mother from what I've heard!"

The tears wouldn't falter as she whimpered. "I tried telling him somewhat with what I felt on the situation, but I hurt him more. I don't understand. He has that chance..."

"I truthfully don't think anyone understands him." Shigaraki sighed. It hurt him to see her so upset, but he tried to keep his composure. "He has living family who cares about him, and he wants to kill them."