Chapter 3 - Another Shiggy Route

They arrived inside Overhaul's headquarters. The place was clean and tidy.

Overhaul casually sat onto the couch with his henchmen surrounding him. He gave off satisfied vibes as he spoke. "Sorry about the whole disassembling thing. It's unfortunate, I didn't wanna do that but you left me no choice."

That apology didn't even seem sincere. Satoko kept glaring at Overhaul.

It took everything within Shigaraki to not say what he was really feeling. Overhaul didn't HAVE to do anything. Not with the advantage that he had. Shigaraki couldn't risk him hurting Satoko though. "You took Takahashi's quirk. When will it return?"

"About that," Overhaul waved his hand dismissively. "Her quirk should naturally come back soon. It takes about a few hours or less for the drug to wear off."

They were tricked? They could have left Overhaul and not come here?

(That liar made it seem like he had a cure!) Satoko shouted in her head.

"This drug..." Twice started. "How did you make it? We haven't seen anything like it before."

"Pretty typical stuff."

"The one we've used on her," Overhaul pointed towards Satoko. "Is the weaker dosage. It doesn't have long-term effects. If we did use the stronger one on her, we would have provided an antidote. But we only have ONE antidote."

"You need to just-" Satoko finally regained her voice. A gun was pointed at her.

"I see you have your voice back. I am rather interested to see how your quirk would work, but I highly suggest you not using it on me." Overhaul suggested in a threatening manner. "Not unless you'd want to lose your quirk completely. You may never speak again."

Satoko bit her tongue. Even if there is an antidote, where would she be able to find it? With these watchful goons, it would be hard to do. That wasn't a risk she was willing to take.

Toga definitely didn't trust working alongside Overhaul. Who's to say he won't turn around and betray them? He maliciously killed Shigaraki over and over again. Satoko was thinking along the same lines.

"Anyway," Overhaul continued. "We produce our drug by a DNA source. I wasn't sure if you would believe me if not for testing it on that woman. But isn't this grand? A drug that destroys quirks. Wouldn't you like to have that on your hands to reach your goals?"

The idea was an interesting one to Dabi. Perhaps Shoto and Endeavor could understand how he felt when he was younger if he made their quirks go away before killing them. "Would we be able to take some of the bullets for our own plans? I have my eyes on two people to take quirks away from."

"Not without some sort of alliance. Payment." Overhaul responded. He eyed towards Shigaraki specifically. "What do you say about that?"

These people were really fools to him. He didn't really care what would happen. Promises aren't worth keeping with Overhaul. People are nothing to him. Once they're used, he will dispose of them. Just like the feeble ants they are.

"I don't have a choice anyway. It doesn't matter how I feel," Shigaraki replied bitterly.

"Then it's settled?" Dabi smiled. "We already agreed to work with you. All we need is you to give us our part."

"Dabi-" Satoko leered at him.

There was a sudden tremor. Everyone looked a bit confused as to what was happening. One of Overhaul's men came in.

"The heroes! They found us!"

"How?" Overhaul stood up. "What about the girl?"

"We can't find her! She must be on the move."