Misfortune Route - Chapter 7

The president of the commission sat down at her desk. Finally, a man walked into the room. In one hand was a flash drive. In the other was a box with blood on the top. The man handed the flash drive to the president. "Here. It's all on there."

The president motioned to the box. "Things must have gotten messy. Usually, you don't make too much of a mess when you do things."

The man sighed. "Yes, well, those wings of his can hit really hard. It was a difficult task."

The woman hummed in response as she put the flash drive in. She pulled up the video and pushed play.

The man they hired to torture people questioned Hawks about Satoko and the league. He didn't want to answer, of course, so he moved on to torture.

The expression of the woman didn't change as she watched the video. She wasn't shaken at all by the sound of him screaming. She got the information that she needed, and that was all that mattered.

The woman let the video run until it was over. "And what of Lady Nagant?"

"She didn't know anything about Takahashi," he replied. "She stopped talking to Hawks after he cheated on her. I really don't think that we should allow her to live any longer. She could be a threat. Especially with everything going on giving her another reason to hate heroes."

The woman nodded. "You have my permission to kill her then. Before you do that though, send Nozomi in. She is perfect for the job of getting rid of her sister."

"What about her parents?" He asked. "They want to be involved too."

The woman cracked a small smile. "That's even better. It makes it easier to make it look like a villain attack if suspicions arise."

..

The next morning had come. Satoko had been clinging her arms around Dabi's arm. She was still sleeping soundly as he was waking up.

She didn't know that Dabi would be with her on nights she had slept. This time, she had asked him to stay with her. This was the closest she had got towards him like this. Never had she let go of him.

Dabi sat up all the way. He gazed at her peaceful features. It was nice to see her more relaxed as opposed to the panic she face before. He rubbed the top of her head. "Don't sleep all day, now."

Satoko sleepily grimaced, not wanting to wake up. He could see her eyebrows slant down a little bit. She really had no clue how she was acting. Nor was she was aware how being this close to him was stirring a weight in his heart.

Her face moved a little bit as her nose brushed against his arm. It was like subconsciously, she didn't want to let go.

Dabi smiled at her despite the pain in his heart. He used his free hand to stroke her cheek with the back of his fingers. The metaphorical knife in his heart felt like it was being twisted. That only worsened it. "Come on. Let go."

With his touch, her eyes fluttered opened. Realizing her position and his hand, she moved away with a slight pink hue on her face. Sitting up quickly, she turned around from the gesture. "I- er."

She was at a loss of words. She didn't think she would get so clingy with him like that. That was the most embarrassing part. "Thanks for uh- staying with me. I guess."

A part of him felt relieved that she moved. The other part of him strangely longed to feel her touch again. "I probably couldn't have left if I wanted to. You would have held me prisoner."

It's been awhile since Satoko had smiled. There was a small grin on her face when she looked towards him. "Get used to it because I'm not letting you go."