Chapter 10

Shoto was unable to be healed by Recovery Girl right away. It had to be gradual so that he didn't lose too much stamina too quickly. Because of that, he was stuck in the bed in Recovery Girl's room for at least a few days. There was a good chance that it would be longer.

Recovery Girl was worried for him. He hadn't shown much emotion at all since the attack other than when his father visited him. He was always a quiet student, but he didn't usually seem so distant. He didn't seem to snap out of it until she mentioned his friends.

She had been administering the pain medications from the hospital through his IV. He still didn't say anything to her, so she spoke up. "I know I said that it was family only for you right now, but you look exhausted, dearie. I might have to make a few exceptions."

Shoto furrowed his eyebrows. "It was a difficult fight. I could have done more."

"I meant emotionally exhausted." She stepped back away from the IV stand. "It might do you some good to have your close friends in here right now. I'll have to limit you to five though since you're still recovering and this is a small room."

Shoto thought for a moment. "Yaoyorozu. Midoriya. Melissa too. I don't know her that well, but Midoriya seems to like her. Bakugo and Uraraka as well. Has Bakugo been healed yet?"

Recovery Girl shook her head. "Not yet. I can check to see if he's awake. If he is, I will just heal him while he's in here."

Shoto nodded to signal that he thought that was a good idea. With that, Recovery Girl left to gather up his friends.

Shortly afterwards, his friends had arrived. They exchanged greetings along with how are you's. In the background, Recovery Girl was healing a grouchy Katsuki in the room while Ochako was watching.

Izuku and Melissa sat down to keep everyone company.

Momo sat in a chair next to Shoto's bed. She placed a bento box in front of him on his food tray, and a thermos that had some tea in it.

"These should help you with your recovery." She smiled sadly. "I wish I could do more."

Shoto sat up straighter. "...Thanks."

He didn't feel like his stomach could handle much solid food. It was possible that the medicine was making him nauseous. He had only ever had pain medication one other time in his life and he could recall finding it difficult to eat for a few hours.

He took a sip of the tea first. When his stomach kept it down, he drank a little more. He did the same with taking small bites of food at first.

"Take your time." Momo reassured. She took a napkin to help wipe off his mouth extremely gently. "You don't need to eat it all."

She didn't think anything of it with how close she was to him. Her heart was hurting too much from the fact that this even happened at all.

When the League of Villains had dispersed, Shoto fainted. It scared her to death. She kept replaying those moments in her mind. It was awful.

Shoto had a look of surprise on his face. Momo was so gentle and caring. His eyes met hers. "I haven't had a chance to look. How bad is it?"

Receiving burns such as the ones he got would definitely cause permanent scars. Even after being healed, he would have those reminders for the rest of his life. He didn't want to think about that too much though. It made him feel more emotionally exhausted.

Momo studied his face. Aside from the usual scar over his one eye, there were multiple scars on his face. One over the bridge of his nose. Another on the other side of his cheek. Additional one on his chin.