Misfortune Route - Chapter 1

A/N: This is another route back before the LoV attacked the students. This route has hints from other routes on what occurs in this route. Hope you cry a lot like we did! TRIGGER WARNING!! THERE ARE LOTS OF THAT THIS ROUTE. BE WARNED!!
----

Shigaraki was still fairly young when he met the most important person in his life. It wasn't AFO even though he believed it to be. It wasn't a family member or an enemy or anyone who society would deem as important. She was a girl who was not yet a teenager. She seemed to be close in age with him at the time.

It was a particularly dark night. The sky didn't shine with any stars. It was too cloudy for that.

Then there was Tomura Shigaraki. He was only twelve, but he thought for sure that he had the world all figured out. Equipped with only his clothes and the hands of his dead family to keep him company, he made his way to where he would be staying.

Without any warning, he felt someone bump into him. He turned his head towards the man. "Watch where you're going. You bumped into me!"

The man laughed. He sounded so cool and collected. An ordinary citizen would think he seemed completely normal. "Oh, I'm sorry about that, little man. I didn't see ya."

The man ruffled Shigaraki's hair and continued to walk by. Shigaraki only pouted. He, too, started walking on.

He paused again when he heard more footsteps behind him. He turned to see the source.

There was a girl with hair that reminded him of the sunset. Her face was red and streaked with tears. Her clothes were stretched out and torn in some places. She had some bruises as well.

"What happened to you?" Shigaraki asked.

The girl started to tremble like crazy. She heaved and coughed from the wave of nausea. Her hands desperately covered herself and curled up into a ball.

Her feet pressed down unto the ground with force, making her back press up against the wall. It was like she was feeling cornered.

It was obvious what had happened. It was too convenient that man came from the alley and somehow missed the crying girl. Shigaraki huffed in annoyance. He hated the fact that he felt bad. He couldn't seem to turn away. She just looked so helpless.

He unbuttoned his leather jacket. He walked towards her slowly, trying to let her know that he didn't intend to hurt her.

"Here." He gently draped it around her shoulders. He could tell that she didn't want to be touched, so he made sure that none of his skin touched her. His cold eyes softened only a little. "So you don't freeze."

She tightly wrapped it around her so nothing could be seen. She was mumbling a word like wanting to see her grandpa or something. It was hard to tell what she said.

Her body shaking wouldn't subside. It gave off the impression that she was in pain and distress. Her body language seemed stiff too. Terrified that he may do something next.

"You should come with me!" Shigaraki suggested with a smile. Despite the fact that he smiled, there was no light in his eyes. There was no joy there. "I'm making a league of villains. I heard that more people will be willing to join once I'm older, so for now it's just my friend Kurogiri and I. I have been out all day looking for new members. It would be pretty rude to decline when I saved you from freezing."

"Villains...? You're-" Her face paled. "Villains hurt me. You'll hurt me too! I don't Want to-" Her breathing became a bit rapid. It looked like she was about to cry, but she was suppressing it. "No... Please. No more."