Shigaraki's Route - Chapter 1

A/N: IMPORTANT!! This is branching off from Chapter 10, where Satoko found out about Dabi's full past. His true name. Refer to parts up until this moment. Instead of Dabi following Satoko to her bedroom, he wouldn't in this route.

-------------------

He's going to die anyway... but she doesn't want that. But is she any different?

Every day, she would risk her life. Reckless with her own body like she didn't even care to die either. Satoko has suicidal tendencies. She had struggled with that for many years, but doesn't go through with it. Hearing Dabi talking like that just triggered something to set her off once more.

All Dabi could see was her back as she was heading back to her room. The moonlight hit her shoulder at one point to see that blatantly obvious bullet scar.

He watched as she disappeared from view. He was honestly surprised that she didn't try to leave again. It would make sense for her to with everything that had happened to her.

Thinking like that made him feel a nagging feeling of distress in the back of his mind. What was he doing? How did he get there? How did he end up so pitifully lonely?

A part of him wanted her to stay. She was the only person who tried so hard to get along with him for a reason other than her own survival. He didn't believe that she would stay though.

He couldn't believe that someone as kind as her would want to stick around for long. Her kindness had to have a limit, and that line was probably drawn with someone like Dabi. It would be more kind for her to abandon him. He was a horrible person. Her sticking around willingly would make it seem like she was alright with his actions.

It was as though anything that he touched was destined to burn up in his flames. Nothing good could last for long with him. He could destroy a world of goodness and feel nothing, because that's what he did. His ability to feel guilt was so suppressed within himself that he probably wouldn't be able to identify the feeling if it did happen to appear.

Being neglected as a child took a major toll on his mind. He didn't know how to cope with his emotions other than pushing them down. He couldn't trust that people- especially kind ones- wouldn't leave him. He felt like he had to force people to stay against their will or they would leave as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

His eyes started to burn. A single drop of blood slipped out from underneath one of his burns. If it wasn't for the fact that he didn't know how to unlock his emotions, he would probably be in such agony inside of his mind. He physically couldn't cry anymore, but the only thing that came close was even small.

He could hardly feel anything. Yet Satoko's tears bothered him, of all things.

He didn't understand why she wanted to befriend him. He was probably the absolute worst choice when it came to friends.

Dabi cursed and started to head back to his room. That fear of abandonment was strong in his own mind. His past was in his thoughts.

'No, dad...I can do it too. I can surpass him. See...? Look how strong my flames are already. Look at me.'

All he ever wanted when he was little was to be acknowledged by his father.

'I might be as awesome as Shoto sooner or later! Maybe I'll even be better than All Might someday! Then you've gotta give me some respect, Dad! You'll be glad you created me! I just know it!'

He would do anything. He didn't care if it hurt him. He just wanted Endeavor to be proud of him. Nothing that he did was ever enough. If that wasn't enough to earn love from his own family, how could he expect to earn love from anyone else?