Chapter 18

A few days later, Katsuki was healed thanks to Recovery Girl's efforts. But Ochako was sleeping a lot every time Katsuki tried to visit her. Her recovery process was taking longer since her wounds were nearly critical. Not as bad as Shoto's and Momo's.

When he walked in to visit once more, Ochako's eyes opened up while he went to sit next to her bedside.

Before letting her talk, he spoke in a low and husky voice, "Hey, pink cheeks."

Ochako smiled weakly. She grabbed the guard rail on the side of the bed to help herself sit up easier. "You're ok. What about the others? And the villains...did they get defeated?"

"Tell you that later." He tapped her hand lightly. His eyes shown remorse. "I need to tell you something." Before letting her speak, he hung his head down low. "...Sorry..."

"Oh...um...is this about that argument?" She grabbed his hand and lifted it. She held his hand with both of hers. "Yeah, I probably shouldn't have gotten so emotional either. We were both really stressed out that day. I think that we were all just scared, you know?"

"Don't you dare blame yourself for that." He started to stare at her. "It was all me. I shouldn't have said any of those things."

She started to sweat nervously. Her voice rose a little. "That's true...but I'm not mad at you. You do go a little overboard sometimes, but I would take that any day over you being hurt or upset. I'm mostly just glad that you're alright."

She waved one of her hands around. "That doesn't mean I'll let you boss me around though. I'm not a pushover and you know that."

"I know, I suck at putting my words across." He started to ruffle his hair angrily. "I just- tch.. I didn't want anything to happen to you. It bothered me so much with that thought. I didn't know what to do. And then you really did get hurt. You would have done better if I wasn't stupidly arguing with you."

Ochako relaxed when he spoke. She stared at him with fondness. It gave her a warm feeling in her chest to see him talk like that. Without thinking, she said something really sudden. "You're a good person, Bakugo."

It had been a few days since the fight happened. Remorse was good when healthy, but knowing Katsuki, his thoughts were probably eating him alive the entire time. Ochako didn't think that he deserved to suffer like that. After all, his harsh words were the product of that fear that she would get hurt. His fear ended up coming true in the end, so why should he be treated harshly? Wasn't the guilt that he already felt bad enough?

In extreme cases, it was different. But it was obvious that Katsuki had a good heart underneath that tough exterior. Maybe he just needed someone to let him know that he was a good person more than anything. It's not like he had ever heard those words before.

"Yeah, right. How can I be?" He shook his head. He recalled Satoko's speech with everything. It had also got him thinking too. He still suffers from an immense amount of guilt with All Might's retirement.

But then there's the thought about how messed up this society is. Katsuki wouldn't think highly of others unless they proved themselves strong. Satoko didn't even want to be a hero and she did all of that because she didn't care about a title. She cared about lives.

It made Katsuki second guess his goals. Of course, he still wants to be above that dang 'Deku' for being the best. The most irritating part was Satoko was kind of similar in that aspect.

Except she was protecting the villains along with the heroes. How could someone possibly do that? Katsuki always looked at them less than humans.

The whole event was a bit life changing. It keeps making him ponder. The shame increased more seeing Ochako hurt like that.