Chapter 3

Two hours had passed. Satoko was stirring from her sleep. When she woke up, she saw Hawks sitting in a nearby chair.

"I bet you're feeling better than before." He hummed.

Satoko sat up with her face turning into a grimace. Her arm had an IV planted into it. She definitely was feeling more hydrated than she's had for years.

(Did he really just stay with me? Bet that's looking really good for his credibility.) She felt annoyed at the thought.

As she's adjusting to waking up, the doctor came in to talk to her about her condition.

The doctor came in with a tray. He sat it down for her and smiled. "Well...it could have been a lot worse. You're doing pretty well, all things considered. Your ankle was able to be reset fairly easily, so that should heal quickly. Recovery Girl may be able to come in again tomorrow and get you fully healed. We focused on having her heal that gunshot wound of yours tonight, which possibly saved your life. The only reason she didn't heal you completely is because you were already fatigued when you arrived."

Recovery Girl was a well-known hero. Instead of focusing on fighting or rescue, she chose to work at UA in order to heal the students. That allowed for more dangerous training activities. Any injuries could just be healed by her. Due to her type of quirk being rare, she often made visits to hospitals to help those who were hurt. Satoko must have been lucky enough to arrive on a night when she was visiting.

"When can I leave?" Satoko didn't feel very comfortable being here. It's hard for her to fathom being taken care of like this. Thinking everyone is always in it for something.

Hawks didn't let the doctor answer. Instead, he waved him to leave the room. He turned to Satoko. "Either tomorrow or the next day. Whenever Recovery Girl comes, that is."

Satoko stared that the food in front of her. It was some baked chicken with vegetables on the side. She's so used to stealing junk food, food from the trash or cold leftovers from other people.

"Go ahead and eat." Hawks encouraged. "It's nice and hot. Plus, it's my favorite so I recommend."

"So you eat your own kind?" She scoffed at him being 'bird-like'. Hawks snorted like she was joking, but she wasn't. She meant it as an insult.

"I'm sure you're hungry. This should get you back on your feet." He pressed for her to eat. She really was, but his presence being there made her irritated.

(I can't believe I became in a weakened state.) She took her fork and cut into the chicken. It was nice and soft to cut through. How long has it been since she's had a proper meal?

She couldn't even remember. It made her sad to even think about as she took her first bite. Hiding her expression how good it tasted, she glared at Hawks watching her.

"You can go away now." She talked with her mouth full.

"A simple thank you would be nice." He teased.

"I don't like being watched while eating. You got me here so no need to babysit me." She remarked.

"Alright, alright." He got up. "I got it. Don't give the doctors trouble here. You'll be out as soon as you know it."

As Hawks was leaving, she started thinking about Dabi. She hated seeing any bloodshed. Ironic, since she does fight too. But the thought of causing deep wounds always bothered her. No matter who it was. Strange enough, she was wondering if he was ok.

It's hard enough that she couldn't really remember. Did he survive?

Oh, whatever. It doesn't matter now, does it?