Hawks Route - Chapter 4

The hospital room Hawks was in was a solo room. It was hard for him not to feel slightly lonely once Satoko left the room. When she arrived back, his eyes lit up.

He noticed the look on her face and she told him what occurred. She was seated next to his bed.

"Well, what can ya do, right?" Hawks replied. "At least he knows the truth now."

"Won't Dabi go after him?" Satoko asked.

"This hospital is guarded well enough. He is safe here." Hawks reassured. "No villains ever have the guts to get here."

"No, I mean, once you and he are discharged... I need to go back to fix-"

Hawks put his pointer finger on her lips. He had a flirty smile. "You spent the whole time here with me for you to go back over there? Hardly believable."

Her hand grabbed his and bashfully scoffed. "I need to stop this. Whether I like it or not, I'm working on fixing the League."

"You can't save everyone, Sunset." Hawks put his fingers through her hair.

"You don't understand. I can tell they're misunderstood. Dabi has... family trauma like I have." Satoko looked away. "If anyone were to do anything, it has to be me."

"...Can you tell me about your past?" Hawks looked at her intently. "I want to know about you more. I, too, want to help you."

Satoko was surprised for a moment. There was a struggle with words. Dabi was the first person she let her story slip.

Shigaraki was the other, but he didn't say much of anything about it. Just a 'Tch, sure.' And walked away.

The details of her past poured out. Hawks studied her face. He could tell that it was traumatized for her. The way she breathed and had to pause in between. It looked like she would want to cry.

It's no wonder for her bleeding heart to want to attempt to help someone relatable. While she was finishing her story, Hawks put his hand onto her back.

It was driving him crazy that he wanted to do something for her to make sure she isn't useless. That people do care for her. Mostly him.

"Listen here, Satoko." Hawks stared at her in her vibrant yellow eyes. Saying her first name made her heart do a flip. "This has been in my mind for a bit. I can't take it anymore. Especially hearing what you've been through makes it harder for me to resist you. I gotta show you not all of us heroes are bad."

Her eyes widened as he planted his lips onto hers. It was so spontaneous and out of nowhere. Squeezing her eyes shut, she melted to kiss him in return. Her heart felt like it was going to burst, but she didn't resist him.

Finally, he backed away to see the beautiful pink flush on her face. "I love you, but I guess you can tell from that."

"Y-you-" Satoko stuttered.

"You're saying it backwards. You need to say 'I' first." He snorted.

"Keigo!" She finally said his first name. That alone made a tiny blush on his grinning face.

"Well, I'll be. You actually said it!" Hawks felt elated.

"And you taste like chicken." Satoko looked away with her face still heated up. He snorted at how cute she was being.

His hand went on top of her head lightly. "I won't force it outta ya. I can tell you feel the same way. Otherwise, you would have punched me, right?"

"Hey, I can say it too." Satoko's eyes challenged in a happy way. "I love you too."

It felt strange for her to say that. With this emotion she feels around him, it was obvious. She had fallen for him despite her constant pushing away.