Hawks Route - Chapter 3

Two more days had passed, Satoko and Hawks were chatting a bit. Endeavor came in to talk about the students' conditions with Hawks. Particularly Shoto's. He seemed to be on edge about something.

Hawks had asked him who made Shoto that way. It was Dabi.

(Go figure.) Hawks noted.

Shortly after Endeavor left, Satoko and Hawks were talking about it.

The noise of the television behind her was making a ruckus. Like the program was being interrupted. Hawks's attention went towards it instead.

Satoko turned her head around to see the news report. Apparently, Dabi is Endeavor's son. Toya Todoroki.

They didn't have much anymore information to go by except for Endeavor's statement.

After the program ended, Hawks used the remote to shut off the tv.

"That means... Dabi... he..." Satoko's face went pale.

"Tried to kill his brother." Hawks frowned in disapproval.

Endeavor was just there too. Was this really true?

"He could be lying. You know how the news can be." Satoko denied. But then again, Dabi did drop a hint once.

'My father is a famous hero....'

'It was because my brother was born...'

Before letting Hawks speak, she stood up. "I'll be right back."

The one way to find out the truth is to go to the source. Shoto Todoroki's room.

...

Shoto was finally beginning to stir. His face became twisted in pain as he was trying to wake up, groaning in pain as he did so.

The first thing that came to mind was Momo's condition. That was the first coherent thought he could think of. He remembered seeing her trying to fight Dabi off to keep him from getting hurt further. She was so brave. She did more than he did in that fight. He hoped that she wasn't hurt badly.

His eyes finally opened all the way. He wasn't sure if Momo was even nearby. He wasn't thinking clearly yet. All he wanted in that moment was to know if she was alright.

"Yaoyorozu?" He spoke aloud. He wasn't aware of how much pain his eyes showed. The amount of distress that could be seen in them.

"I'm here." Momo replied. She was already awake and sitting up in her hospital bed. Her arm was wrapped where Toga had stabbed her at.

Parts of her face was bandaged from burns she received from Dabi and other parts of her arms were too.

She had been silently gazing at Shoto for the times she was awake. It made her pained he was so hurt even though she was in bad condition herself.

"How are you feeling, Todoroki?" She asked before he could ask her the same.

He wanted to sit up as a way of showing that he was fine and that he was listening intently to everything she was saying. When he tried to move though, his injuries started to cause him more pain. He furrowed his eyebrows. He was frustrated that he couldn't sit up right away.

"It still hurts, but..." He turned his head to the side and rested his cheek against his pillow. It was easier to look at her that way. "What about you? How do you feel?"

"I still get burning sensations, but the doctor said that should feel better within a few more days." Momo noted. "I apologize I couldn't do more to help you. Maybe... I'm just not fit for fighting."