Chapter 17

Satoko kept her pained smile. "I won't because that's how I am. Stubborn. Especially when it comes to you." Her fingers went through his hair. It was surprisingly soft and fluffy.

Toga and Twice were fighting All For One, but they got to the point where they got too wounded to fight further. Hawks covered for them. Him and the others couldn't believe they were fighting alongside to each other.

He could tell that possibly it was because of Satoko.

When Dabi shielded Satoko, Hawks was too late to notice that. He can tell Dabi wasn't using her at all. If he was, it wasn't anymore.

It's obvious he loves her too.

Hawks was losing too many feathers. He was getting to hitting him limit soon. Katsuki kept persisting, but it was making his injuries worse.

Izuku went to move Shoto to where Momo and Ochako were at so he can help everyone else.

Satoko looked towards how Endeavor was defending them. The way he was getting wounded and shouting about his son, Toya.

"Would you still even want that anyway?" She had to ask.

"I still hate them. They can't erase the past no matter how hard they try." He looked towards Endeavor too. No amount of him covering for him would make him feel for him. If anything, it made him angrier to see him try to change. He only cared about redemption and atonement after he succeeded in getting what he wanted. In Dabi's eyes, he was still selfish.

When his eyes traveled to Shoto is when he started to look more sad. It was subtle, but it was there. The way that Shoto was fighting so hard to stay awake almost made him feel sympathy.

He was swaying slightly. His wounds were worse than the last time, so of course he wasn't going to be able to stay conscious for long.

Shoto's tired eyes met Dabi's. He looked angry at him, but there was still that look of sadness and pain. With a thump, he hit the ground.

Dabi flinched. Once again, for a fleeting second, he saw himself in Shoto. The look in his eyes before he collapsed made it worse.

He still felt a hatred in his heart for his brother. However, his reason for hating him stemmed more from jealousy than actual hatred towards his personality.

"Your brother may hate your dad too." Satoko responded as Izuku started to help the others in battle. There was so much going on in their conversation.

"You shouldn't kill him. Perhaps talk to him how you both feel bad it." She was mustering her strength to finally stand up. "Your family doesn't want to kill you like mine did. You have that chance to also change too. Not only that, I won't let you go down that path to killing them. I can somehow feel that deep down, you do care for them."

Dabi took her hand in his and helped her to stand up. "I doubt I'll be able to talk to them. But I care about you more than I care about killing anyone, so I can't exactly kill him anyway." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from her. "We should find a way to get rid of All For One though. Those crazy morons...I actually don't want them to die."

He looked towards the fighting going on. Everyone was truly giving it their best. Toga and Twice were badly hurt because they wanted to do their own thing and keep Shigaraki from getting killed. Hawks was actually helping them despite his secret being out.

The two female students lost a lot of blood in the fight. They tried their hardest to go against their injuries too.

He couldn't even deny that the two boys were doing a great deal in helping everyone. Izuku was still annoying to him, but without him there was a possibility that someone would have died by that point. The same thing went for Katsuki. It was irritating to Dabi, but he didn't feel any actual hatred towards the students anymore except for Shoto.