Chapter 9

Back at the League of Villains's Headquarters, Hawks was already waiting inside there for their arrival. He knew he couldn't be seen accompanying them so he went separately. There was first aid equipment he had in his one hand. He saw Satoko was making herself walk, despite Dabi trying to help her. She really was a stubborn woman. Of course, Dabi was extremely peeved to even see Hawks there.

Hawks walked forward towards Satoko. "I'll be the one taking care of her wounds. You'll just make it worse for her, Dabi." He glared at Dabi.

Dabi wouldn't give up so easily. He didn't want Hawks anywhere near Satoko. "I'll handle it. She belongs to me now."

Satoko lightly smacked Dabi's hand away from her. She knew he was also hurt too so she didn't want to give an impact on him. She grumbled. "I don't belong to anyone. And I can take care of it myself."

Her eyes averted away from him. "You take care of yourself too." That thumping in her heart wouldn't go away. She was thinking about earlier. She made Dabi let go of her since it was getting too much.

Dabi looked frustrated at her words. Satoko clearly had the heart of a hero still. After everything that she had been through; how did she manage to stay in that state of mind?

She was too kind to fit into either category. She didn't seem to want revenge. She couldn't even handle seeing Dabi almost kill someone that she didn't even know. Heck, she took a bullet for him without knowing his name.

Then again, she hated heroes. She saw the corruption, recognized it, and wanted to change it.

She was different than anyone that Dabi had ever met. She didn't fit in anywhere because she had such strong morals. She didn't bend or change to satisfy others. People like that don't fit in, because human beings are cruel enough to hate anyone who is different.

It made him feel jealous. So jealous. How could someone live a life like that and then end up surrounded by people who need them?

"I will," he grumbled. "I still have a goal to accomplish, so I won't let myself die yet."

Satoko grabbed the first aid from Hawks. Avoiding eye contact with him, she went to go sit on the couch. She started to put lotion on her burns, trying not to hiss from the pain.

(I need to treat myself before I could help others.) Still thinking of others regardless how she actually feels. But she knows better than to push herself. It would hinder her to helping treat anyone else and might make their own wounds worse for infections. Her fingers are kind of blistered from burning them earlier too.

Dabi quietly took some supplies as well. He didn't stay near her though. He moved to another area to tend to his own wounds.

Shigaraki sat on the couch next to Satoko. "I can't believe that we failed again!" He was digging his fingernails into his neck again.

Satoko glimpsed over towards Shigaraki. The marks on his neck were noticeable. Self-harming himself? Not only that, it was really hard.

"Stop doing that." She stopped what she was doing for a moment. "You're making it worse!"

Shigaraki turned his head away from her. "Leave me alone. I'm so frustrated! How does this always happen?!"

He never learned any healthy ways to deal with his emotions. The only thing that he knew was to inflict pain as a release.

"No, I won't leave you alone." She finished taking care of the burns on her fingers by bandaging them. (Whatever, I can take care of the rest of my wounds later.)