ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22

*Play Shingeki Vn - Pf 20130524 Kyojin at 1:00*

"Hanji. Hey, four-eyes. Are your hobbies so boring that somehow playing with rocks is fun for you?" Captain leaned over to look at Hanji.
"Yeah, that's right." Hanji glanced over to Captain.

"But this is no ordinary rock. It's a hardened fragment of skin left behind by the Female Titan." Hanji held the skin up.
"Huh? It didn't disappear?" Armin asked.

"That's right. Annie reverted from a Titan, but it's still intact even though it broke off of her body. It didn't evaporate. It didn't disappear. So I thought, what if? I compared it to a piece of the wall, and it's pattern and composition were practically identical. In other words, the wall is a barricade of huge Titans. And if I'm right, the surface is constructed with hardened Titan skin." Hanji explained.

"That's exactly what Armin was saying." Mikasa said.

"Th-then--" Armin was about to explain as well, but Hanji put her hand in his face.
"Let me finish, Armin." She smirked.

"As it stands, we'll be hard pressed to fill the hole in Wall Rose. That is, unless we can find the perfect boulder to plug it. But, if Eren in his transformed state could use the Titans hardening ability to seal the hole in the wall..." Hanji finished.

"Use me.. to seal the wall?" Eren asked.

"It should be made of the same material. And seeing how the hardened section wont evaporate, even after you revert from a Titan, it's possible." Hanji looked around.

"I think it's well worth the risk to try. And assuming it really does work, reclaiming Wall Maria is feasible, too. Up until now, we've had to transport a large quantity of materials and supplies. That's why the need for outposts past the wall limited our progress. But, if we don't have to accommodate supply wagons, we could quickly make our way to Shiganshina. What if we carried out the plan at night?" Armin came up with an idea.

"At night?" I looked at Armin.
"Yes. During the night, when the Titans can't move." Armin confirmed.
"If the group was small enough, you could sneak all the way to Wall Maria. The current situation is as bad as it gets, but, we still have a glimmer of hope." Hanji held up the skin.

"Yes, but remember, it all depends on whether or not Eren can seal the hole or not." Armin looked over at Eren.
"I realize that asking this hardly seems fair, but... think you can do it?" Hanji asked Eren, and there was a brief moment of silence.

"It doesn't matter what you think. You have to. There is no other choice. We're out of options. Our forces are struggling so desperately, there's nothing they can do. You have to succeed." Captain sighed.

"I will! I'll do whatever it takes to seal the wall! Whatever it takes. The basement... my dad's basement. If what my dad said was true, we'll find the answers to everything there." Eren held up his key.

"It's Ehrmich district." Hanji looked up, and I saw the entrance.

*Outro - Ninelie*

a/n: chapter updates will not be consistent anymore! but i will update as much as i psychically can:)