ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

*Two Lives - Left off at 1:28*

"He's alive. The target seems intelligent and intent on taking Eren away. It'd crush him if it wanted to kill him. Instead, it's fighting and running away with him in his mouth." I said as I looked ahead.
"Eating Eren could be her goal. If so, he's in her stomach. Which means he's probably dead." Captain Levi jumped to conclusions.
"He's alive." I raised my voice.
"Let's hope so." He turned to look at me.

"This never would've happened in the first place had you actually protected Eren!" I shouted as he then swung in front of me and looked at me.

"I see. He was your friend growing up, right? Let's narrow our goals down to one. First, forget about taking her down. If you were a Titan shifter, you might be able to defeat her in hand to hand combat because you're skilled, but you aren't." Captain explained.
"But.. she killed them..." I felt my eyes quiver as I looked back ahead.

"It's impossible to take her down. She has the ability to harden her skin. Do as I say. We're going to set all of our hopes on Eren being alive and rescue him before she leaves the forest. I'll do the cutting. You distract her." Captain Levi commanded.

I went down in front of her, and she clearly wasn't distracted by me, and continued running. After a few moments, she swung her fist to Captain Levi, but he easily dodged, and swerved up it's hand, and then penetrated her eyes. He flipped back and took out new blades, and swerved down her whole body in less than five seconds and severed it all, and she fell against a tree, covering her nape.

He went down and cut the arm that was covering the nape. I could tell, he was doing the most of this to take out his rage. I looked at her nape which was exposed.

I can kill her.

I readied my blades and connected my grapple hook onto her nape, and prepared to slice her nape.

"Stop!" I heard Captain Levi, but I looked at her right arm raising up to hit me, and I stared at it as I felt it's impact throughout my body, and I slammed right into a tree behind us. 

"Lilly!" I heard him, and noticed him twist his ankle while he was on top of the Titans head, and my vision was getting blurry. I noticed him come up to me with Eren in a case of saliva, and Captain Levi picked me up, putting me on his back as he went back down to pick up Eren on the side of his arm. 

"Just try to stay awake, hold on. You idiot..." I heard Captain Levi's fogged voice, and I held a stronger grip around his shoulders.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play T-Kt*

"What happened?!" I heard Mikasa's voice, and Captain Levi handed her Eren, and told her to put him in the wagon. I was still on his back, awake, and he gently set me down and turned around to hold me up by my shoulders. 

"Can you stand? Or do you need to lie down in the wagons?" I heard Captain Levi ask me as my vision was blurry and shaking.
"I'm fine, I'm fine... where's Adobe?" I weakly asked.
"He's over there with the other soldiers, along Noir." Captain Levi said and let go of me, but I felt my leg give out on me and he caught me, holding both of my arms to help me back up.

"You need to lie down. Come on." He said, and helped me walk, but I somehow managed to stumble to the ground.

He sighed and kneeled down to pick me up, and I tried to help myself up.

"Stop fidgeting and sit still. Your injuries are just going to get worse." Captain Levi looked at me and picked me up bridal style. He then carried me over to the medical wagon, and set me down next to Eren. 

I laid down on my back and we shared a glance, and he walked off, while I felt my eyes shut.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I woke up to villagers talking and I looked over to Eren, who was covering his mouth as he was crying, and I looked back up into the sky while Mikasa hovered over the both of us. 

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I felt my eyes flicker open as I looked up to see Captain Levi setting me down onto a bed, which seemed to be inside of my dorm. 

"Is Eren alright?" I asked as he was about to walk out of the dorm.
"Eren's fine. He's resting in his dorm like you are. Mikasa and Armin are with him, I'm sure." He said and turned back to look at me as I stared at my ceiling.

I noticed him starting to walk out again, and I stopped him.

"Wait." 

"What is it?" He asked.
"I'm sorry for putting both of us in danger." I sighed.
"You're lucky you didn't get killed." He looked down at me.

"Can you hand me that journal on my desk...?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

Captain Levi walked to the desk and grabbed the beige journal, and walked over to me. He handed it to me and I nodded, as he walked off.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Outro - On My Own*