ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

*Play Professional Work

"Wake up you worthless brat

"Wake up you worthless brat." I felt a sharp pain in my ribs, and I opened my eyes to see my father standing above me. The bright sun blinded my eyes, and I felt my stomach rumble. I sighed and sat up, and went outside, waiting for my father.

"Today we will be training with knives again. You know how to use them, let's get started." My father simply explained and threw a knife at me, and I caught it by the handle mid-air. We stood in a stance, ready to fight. I held the knife in my right hand, and my other up, ready to fight. I carefully watched my father, prepared for any sudden movements. 

My eyes turned as I heard the door open but my father took the chance and sliced my arm, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I felt the warm blood drip down my arm, and I planned out my next move. I quickly went at him, but as he tried to stab me, I dodged his arm, going under him, and wrapping my two arms around his back and neck. I used my force to slam him to the ground, and pinned him. 

As I was trying to hold the pin, he was wiggling around, about to break from my grasp. He broke from it, and threw himself back to pin me, but luckily I dodged. We both stood up once more, ready to fight. I threw another slice at him, barely managing to draw blood from his forearm. He smirked and threw a slice at me as I was backing away quickly, but not quick enough. He drew blood at my cheek, and I sighed, touching the blood and letting out a "Pft." 

"Good enough for now. I'm going inside to eat. Practice." He said and did a trick with the knife, and walked inside.

*Play I'm here with you*

"Want to know how to do that one?" Aidan looked at me, sitting up from the chair on the porch. I silently nodded and watched his fingers carefully flip the knife around each one. He approached me, and handed me a pencil.

"Try with this first. It's safer." He smiled, and went inside. I held the pencil in my hand, and readied it at my index finger, preparing to spin it around each finger. I quickly spun it around each finger perfectly, and I saw my brother come out with a damp rag and my satchel. 

"You got it already?" He laughed, and I nodded again. He rose my forearm up, and carefully dabbed the cut, absorbing all of the warm blood. He dropped my arm and went up to by face to clean the cut, and carefully dabbed it as I looked to the ground.
"Thank you." I looked up at him once he dropped his hand. 
"You're welcome. Ready to try with the knife?" He looked at me, and handed me the knife.

I nodded and held it in my hand, readying it at a position it wouldn't cut me in. I swiftly spun it around each individual finger, and looked back up at Aidan once I had finished.

"Nice one. I can teach you some more later!" He smiled at me, and I put the knife to my side. 

"Here, I saw you give the lady a dollar. I know you have some meat in here." He said as he grabbed a slice of meat from the satchel and handed it to me, carefully. I nodded and ate it whole, and wiped my hand on my jeans. 

"Well, I've got to get going again. I'll go put your satchel back and head out." He sighed and walked inside of the house, leaving me alone. 

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Conflict*

"Push!" My father screamed at me as I felt another kick in my stomach. I spit out some blood, and felt the warm sweat pour down from my body. It was almost afternoon, and I needed to meet Eren soon. But I have been pushed to my limit. I can hardly move.

My body trembled as I forced myself to stand up, and I collapsed back to the ground.

"Tch, no food privilege's for the next week." My father scoffed and I heard footsteps depart, leaving my trembling body on the ground. I sighed and turned myself over to my back, watching the few birds fly in the sky. I noticed a feather fall, and it slowly made it's way down, and landed right beside me. I turned my head to look at it's details, and it was a simple white flight feather. 

I sat myself up, wiping the sweat on my face. I then stood up, and dusted off my pants. I looked at my house and then the pathway down, and started walking down to the canal bank.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"You made it! We thought you weren't going to--" Eren happily said but stopped his sentence as he turned around to see me collapse on the ground. They all rushed over to me and scanned the cuts and bruises on my body, and I slowly sat back up.

"Sorry, I'm just really tired." I simply said, with no concern in my voice.
"You're really tired? What do you mean?!" Eren kneeled down beside me as the others did the same.
"Where are all of these cuts from?" Armin looked at me and I looked back at the ground.

"Training." I sighed, and stood up, putting my hands in my pockets.

"I see. Well, we were waiting around all day, and it's dawn already. Do you want us to walk you home?" Mikasa asked me.
"I'm really sorry, but thank you. I can make it back just fine." I looked at them and turned around, walking off. I stopped in my tracks as I heard them following me.

"We're coming with you." Armin said, with a determined smile.
"Fine. You leave when I tell you to leave, though." I sighed and continued to walk as they walked beside me.

As we turned a corner into an alley shortcut to my house, I noticed a few grown men lurking around, I could sense danger. I looked back at the others, and turned around. They seemed confused, but said nothing about it. I noticed the men were following us, and I stopped the group.

"You guys need to leave. Now." I looked at them all, and pulled a pocket knife out of my jeans.
"What? No! We're staying with you." Eren protested, and looked back at the men in the distance walking towards us.
"I've trained for this. Leave." I glared at the three of them, but they stood in place.

"Why are you guys so stubborn? This is my business. Now, leave." I sighed.
"You aren't in any condition to fight. We'll help you." Armin looked at me, and I looked back at the men who were near us. Too late now...

"Follow my lead." I looked at the three, and faced the men who were now a few feet from us. I exposed my knife, and they nodded at each other. 

"Are you Lilly Jones?" One of the men asked.
"Who's asking." I glared at them.

"Get her." One of them said, and they all surrounded me in a flash, but I slashed one of them in the stomach, and he fell to the ground. I looked at the other two who slowly started to back away, and then ran off. I pulled out a cloth from my bag, and cleaned off the blood on my knife. I put everything away, and looked at the man on the ground. 

"Pft." I looked down at him and threw a kick to his stomach, and put my hands in my pockets, walking off.  I looked back at Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, who were staring at me in shock.

"How... how do you know how to do that?! You did that in less than a second!" Armin spoke up, and I faced my head the other way. 
"I think it's time for you guys to leave. We're close now. Get out of here. I'll meet you every afternoon at the same spot, and if I don't make it, then leave. Don't worry about me." I explained, and walked off.

"We-We'll see you tomorrow!" I heard Eren yell, and I put up another thumbs up.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Days Gone By*

"Who were those children I saw you with?" I heard my mother ask me as I put my hand on my door, about to open my bedroom door.
"My friends." I sighed, and turned back towards them.

"I have some advice for you. Your purpose isn't to make friends, you were born to be an assasin. There is nothing you desire, nor is there anything you wish for. As one who lives in the shadows, the only pleasure you're capable of is derived from causing death... because, that is how you have been raised." My father explained as I clenched my fists. I held my head down to the floor, and stared. 

"Everyone wants something... even me--"
"You don't."
"You're wrong! There is something that I really want!" I raised my voice at my father.

"Enlighten me. What is it that you want?" My father smirked.

I sighed and faced my head back to the floor.

"What's the matter? There really isn't anything, is there?" My father laughed.

*Play Death Itself*

"There is! ...I want to be... friends with them. I.. I'm just so sick of being told my sole purpose is to kill people and take lives. I want to be friends with them... just have fun... and play..." I raised my voice again, and slowly explained.

"Impossible." My father scoffed, and I furrowed my eyebrows and gritted my teeth. 

"You are incapable of friendship." My father said as I slowly looked up at him, and softened my expression.

"The only thing you can do, is discern whether or not you can kill them. That, is all you were ever taught. They have such a radiant personality that you don't know how to classify them. You don't actually desire the friendship." My father explained, and my eyes quivered.

"No..."

"If you stay with them, one day you'll end up wanting to kill them." My father continued, and I tightened my grip on my fist, feeling my hand twitch.

"You'll wonder if you can, and you'll want to find out. Because, you are by nature, a murder." My father stared at me.

"No! I would never do that!" I yelled at my father, looking back up at him.

"Fine. I'll just kill them myself." My father simply said, and I felt my nails begin to dig into my skin as I clenched my fists.

"Assassins have no use for friends, they only get in the way. Where can I find them?" My father turned around, and my body began to shake.

"No!" I screamed and jumped in front of the front door, blocking his path.

"Hm... fine. If I see you even make eye contact with any of them, I will kill them all."

*Outro - People in the box 3:55*