ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ)

*Play Goshintaie*

As I sat up in my bed, I reluctantly untied the ribbon my brother kept around his journal and opened the book to the first page

As I sat up in my bed, I reluctantly untied the ribbon my brother kept around his journal and opened the book to the first page. It has his first and last name at the top of the page, and the date on the right side. This was the day I was born... March 28th.

"Today my sister was born, Lilly Jones. My fate begins. Thankfully this is the last child mother and father will be having, but I'm going to try my best to keep her safe, and raise her to live a life she's proud of." I read his handwriting and I felt tears creeping up the edges of my eyes, and I slightly furrowed my eyebrows and wiped my eyes.

"She's going to have to go through what my sister and I went through. That is inevitable. I'll do my best to help her live a normal childhood. Koraya is lucky she escaped into Wall Sina, though I'm not sure where she's staying at because it wasn't written in the note she left for me. I also don't even know if she made the job or not, or if she's alive." I read, and noticed a space in the pages and flipped to the page.

As I opened the page a note fell out of it, and I picked it up from my lap. I carefully set down his journal next to the red ribbon and opened the note. 

"Aidan,

I put this inside of your journal I gave you because I couldn't leave it anywhere else where mother and father would find it. Of course you hid it here of all places. You know I'll still find it, though. Anyways, to get to the point, I'm running away. I was given a job opportunity and if I took it and succeeded, I get to live in Wall Sina, though I wont be saying the exact location incase mother or father find this.

Even though I'm just ten, I have to take this job. I know our sister is about to be born, and I wish I could be there to help you. But I have to take this. I'm sorry. Once I get this job done, I won't ever have to lay my hands on another person for money. I'll be free. I wish you the best, and send Lilly my regards once she's old enough. I'll find you again." 

I put the note down to the side and took a breath in, trying to process everything I have read. I have literally only read at least a quarter of a page, and a note. A note that my sister, that I didn't even know existed wrote. I don't even know if she's alive. If she is... has she started to look for me? Or has she forgotten about me. Or maybe she thinks I'm dead...

I put the note at the part where I left off in the journal, which was the first page. 

I set the journal to the side and propped my legs to the side of the bed and stood up. Everyone's going to yell at me, but I'm not going to wait for someone to pass by my room to ask for a drink of water.

"What are you doing Lilly?! You should be in bed! You almost died!" I heard Jean as I entered the mess hall where everyone was eating to grab my food, but I just came in for the water. 

"I need water." I said as I walked past him and he was sitting at a table with the others.

"Lilly, go back to your dorm. I'll bring your food to you." I heard Mikasa and she stood up from the table. 
"Mikasa I'm fine. I just need to grab my food and go back." I looked at her as she walked next to me.
"Okay, but I'm going with you." She looked at me, and I grabbed the food tray and water.

We silently walked back to my room and I noticed the journal on the ground, and I set my plate down on my desk to go pick up the journal, but Mikasa beat me to it.

"What's this?" She asked.

I took it out of her hand, and set it back onto the table.

"Thanks. You can leave now." I said and sat at the chair to eat my food.
"Wait--"

"Mikasa! I was looking all over for you! We have an idea of who the Female Titan may be, and we have a plan." Armin rushed into my dorm, panting.

a/n: hehe where do you guys think this is going? we have a few more chapters left for season one! let me know what you think and make sure you eat today and do something productive. :))