ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴜꜱ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

"What's wrong?" Captain Levi asked Armin who was staring off into space holding his cracker while Connie, Jean, Mikasa and I sat on wooden crates

"What's wrong?" Captain Levi asked Armin who was staring off into space holding his cracker while Connie, Jean, Mikasa and I sat on wooden crates. Sasha was on watch duty.
"This grimy place kill your appetite?" Captain asked Armin.

"No..." Armin sighed.

"Captain Levi. I thought it was wrong for us to be fighting other humans. And wrong for you to order for us to do it. I was afraid to be hurting other people. But, I'm the one who was wrong. Next time, I'll shoot." Jean looked down.

"I never said anything about who was right or wrong. I don't even know myself. Are you really the one in the wrong? Now then..." Captain Levi stood up and glanced over at me.

"Are you okay?" I heard his voice and looked up, while I rested my hands on my knees and nodded.

"Now... it's about time to see what he has to say." Captain Levi looked over to the hostage tied up in the corner. He walked over to him and pulled off the cloth that was covering his mouth.

"Wait! I'm just an old man used for moving wagons around the--" The man started to plead.
"I've met this man before." Mikasa stood next to Levi. "In the city, people were calling him Boss."

"Yeah, I know. Dimo Reeves, right?" Captain questioned.

"Tsk! We were just following orders the Military Police forced on us... and failed big time. They'll plunder the Reeves Company for all it's worth. They won't stop with me and my dumb son. They'll make sure all my employees die in so-called accidents." Dimo explained.

"So you'll die without a fight? Trost should have collapsed by now, but it's preserved. That's because the Reeves Company bring people and work together. But if the company was gone for good, just how few would survive the winter?" Captain Levi looked down at Dimo.

"Are you suggesting that I team up with you?" Dimo asked.
"We just need to know where Eren and Historia are. If you're supplying for the Military Police, we can figure something out." Captain Levi sighed.

"But can you stop my city and employees from dying of starvation?" Dimo questioned.
"I can't guarantee it. However, you can trust that we'll move towards the end." Captain Levi kneeled down.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Hey! Are Levi and them actually here?" An MP inside of the wagon asked. We all were in disguise with rain coats.

"They are. I promised him I'd cooperate, so they let us go for some reason." Dimo turned back and looked at the MP as he stopped the wagon. Levi and the others were in the back, and I was in the passenger seat. As one of the MP's got out and looked around, they aimed a gun at him and then hit him with the rifle, knocking him out.

I crawled into the wagon from the front and used my rifle to knock out the other MP.

We all moved the unconscious MP's inside the cabin.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"It starts again... I think the screams were louder when the Captain did it." Sasha had her head down as we all sat at the table as we listened to the screams of an MP being tortured by Levi and Hange.
"Even though it's to save those two, it makes me sick." Conny sighed.

"Let's face it. We're criminals now. The enemies that we're fighting... we're not fighting them because they want to eat us. It's because their views are different. No, just the group that they belong to. And for that... their lives..." Armin said.

"Armin..." I lifted my hand up for a second.

"All of us... we're not good people anymore." He put his head down on the table.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"The true successor... is Historia?" Armin asked, as Hange and Levi gave us the news that the MP had spilled.
"In other words, both Eren and Historia are most likely wherever Rod Reiss is." Hange explained and looked over to Moblit has he layed out a poster of Rod Reiss on the wall.
"That's him." Levi pointed.