ꜰʟᴀꜱʜʙᴀᴄᴋꜱ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36

"All troops, fall in! Our mission is to recover Eren and Historia will now commence! We make for their location, believed to be the chapel on Reiss territory!" Commander Erwin shouted as all troops fell into formation on the way to Reiss territory

"Understand? He's Kenny the Ripper. If he's there, he'll be our biggest obstacle. In terms of how much of a threat he is, equate him to me as an enemy. No, with those weapons with him he's as strong as Lilly and I combined." Captain explained as we rode in the back of the wagon.

"Then he's unbeatable, at least for us..." Sasha rode her horse, holding up her torch.
"If we could meet up with the troops--" Connie tried to speak.

"Absolutely not." Mikasa interrupted.

"I know, absolutely not! If we wait until morning, Eren might end up being eaten!" Connie sighed.

"Though, if what the Captain said is true, it's not like he has no weak points." Armin looked at everyone.

"For real Armin?" Jean glanced at Armin.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's trained plenty, but having combat experience is something else." Armin confirmed.

"I wonder, how is it that you lived with Kenny the Ripper, but know almost nothing about him, Levi?" Hange questioned.

"Sorry, but I only found out his full name not too long ago. Apparently, it's Kenny Ackerman. He some relative of yours?" Levi looked over at Mikasa.

"I heard that from my dad's side of the family, the Ackermans, were persecuted in the cities. My mom's family was Eastern, so being a different race meant that they didn't fit anywhere. Both were chased deep into the mountains in the edge of the walls, so that's how they met and married. But I never found out why the Ackermans were persecuted. My dad didn't seem like a different race like my mom was." Mikasa explained.

"Has there ever been a moment where it's felt like a power has suddenly awakened in you?" Levi asked Mikasa.

"There has." Mikasa responded as the wagon hit a bump.

"Kenny Ackerman had a moment like that too. One time, out of no where, he felt an absurd amount of strength surging within him, and he knew exactly what he had to do. I've felt a moment like that, too." Levi explained.

-

"Found it. A hidden door." We all looked at the carpet pulled out of the way, revealing a door on the floor. "Eren's gotta be in here with the enemy. Hopefully the layout in there is like what I predicted." Hange added.

"These presents better pay off, considering we went out of the way to plan them."

"All right, we're ready to go." Armin looked over at Captain.
"Are we? Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty, too?" Levi asked as we shared a glance and everyone stayed silent.