ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

*Play Goodbye To A World*

"Armin? What's wrong?" I looked over at him, as he was struggling to resupply his gas and blades

"I... don't worry. I'm fine! Just give me a second to let my nerves settle. This is bad, isn't it? There's a hole in the wall eight meters wide and we don't even remotely have the engineering know-how to plug it. The big boulder near the front gate was our best bet but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it in place. Unless we seal the breach, the whole entire city is as good as dead! How long do you think before they take Wall Rose? Seriously, how long? Think about it, anytime the mood strikes them, they can wipe out the human race in an afternoon!" Armin trembled.

"Armin! Listen to me. You're focused on the past. Look ahead. We're not going to be the victims anymore!" Eren kneeled down beside Armin.

"S-Sorry. I'm okay."

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"I want everyone split into four squadrons, as practiced. All squadrons are responsible for supply-running, message relay, and enemy combat under the command of the Garrison Regiment! The intercept squadron will take the van guard. Cadets will take the middle guard, led by the support squad. Rear guard will go to the elites. I expect all of you to man your posts knowing the advance team has been wiped out. That's right, the outer gait is history. The Titans are in. This means the Armored Titan is likely to reappear. If and when he does, the inner gate will also be history." The Garrison with a high rank spoke, and then was interrupted by murmuring in the crowd, that was inaudible to me, because I was focused.

"Quiet! Those in the van guard, get set. The whole area is saturated. Your mission is a very simple one. Defend the wall 'till the evacuation is done. Now, be aware, all of you, that desertion is punishable by execution. If it comes to it, lay down your lives! Dismissed!" The Garrison continued, and dismissed us.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"Shut up for a second!" I heard Eren, and turned my attention to him pinning Jean up against a pillar.

"We're trained for this! What do you think the last three years were for? We survived. We stared death in the face and survived. No one can say that, can they? Some people couldn't take it and either ran or were thrown out. Hell, some people actually died, but not us! Am I right? We powered through for three years, what's one more day?! You can do this, Jean, alright? The MP will be waiting for you tomorrow." Eren explained to him, and let him go as he walked off.

"Eren, if things take a turn for the worse, you come for me, alright?" Mikasa looked at Eren.
"What? We're in completely different squads!" Eren scoffed.
"Look. This is going to get ugly, and when it does, the plan goes out the window. Come and find me so I can protect you. And stay close to Lilly, she will be able to as well." Mikasa explained.

"Ackerman, you're with me! You've been assigned to the rear guard on special orders. Let's get moving. Jones, you'll be in the middle guard. They need your skill, too." The Garrison Captain interrupted us.
"But, sir! I'm a cadet! I'll slow everyone down!" Mikasa raised her voice.

"What? You're not being asked for a self-evaluation here. The mass exodus is falling apart." The Garrison sighed, and began to walk off.

"But, sir! With all do respect--" Mikasa tried to run after him, but Eren head bumped her.
"Hey! You've been given a direct order. Pull it together. Now! This is bigger than us, and you know it! We're on the verge of extinction here, get some perspective!" Eren shouted at her.

"You're right. I'm sorry. This whole situation just has me out of my head." Mikasa explained, and then stopped Eren from walking off.
"Just promise. Promise me one thing. Whatever happens, don't get yourself killed." Mikasa looked down, and Eren ripped his arm out of her grasp, and I gave her a reassuring nod and walked off with Eren.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play DOA*

"Look at it this way, Armin. It's a golden opportunity. If we prove our worth as soldiers here, we'll rise up through the ranks. Before long we could even be leading our own regiment. We can bypass rookie status all together!" Eren smiled at Armin and I.

"Yeah. Sounds good." Armin smiled back at Eren.

"Now, now, guys. You're not the only ones! Save some glory for the rest of us!" Mina smiled with the others standing behind her.
"Good luck beating us to the punch a second time. No head starts for you this round!" Thomas added.
"Is that a challenge?" Eren scoffed.

"Listen up. Whoever kills the most Titans gets bragging rights." Thomas smirked.
"That's not fair! Lilly will get them all." Mina crossed her arms.

"Squadron 34, move out! The vanguard needs support." A Garrison yelled at us.

"Right! Give 'em hell!" Eren looked at us all, and everyone shouted, and we took off, running through the roof top.

As we jumped from the roof, I swung my grapple hook into a taller building up ahead. Once it propelled me forward, I got close enough to grapple to a tower up ahead. I pressed the trigger, and my grapple hooks shot out onto the tower. Eren was up ahead, and there was an abnormal. It jumped towards us, and I immediately used my momentum to lift me up in the air. I landed on a roof top next to everyone else.

*Play Sound The Bugle*

The Titan peaked it's head over the tower, facing us. We saw Thomas inside of the Titans mouth, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

I lifted my blades up and was about to press the trigger to swing my grapple hooks out, but someone held me back. I looked back to see Armin, and I watched as the Titan gulped Thomas right down it's throat. 

"You bastard!" Eren screamed at the Titan, and then ran after it. 
"Eren!" I shouted at him, but he continued to fly off of the roof, and I went after him.

Everyone else followed behind us, and I swiftly followed Eren to the Titan.

I suddenly watched as another Titan leaped up and bit Eren's leg off, and my eyes widened and everything happened in slow motion. I furrowed my eyebrows and used gas to speed up to Eren.

"Eren!" I screamed, but suddenly felt my weight shift to the side, and then my body sped up towards the side. I looked over to see a Titan that had swung my grapple hook out of the way. I tried to press the trigger on my blade, but nothing would budge. It wouldn't come out.

I braced myself, crossing my arms in front of each other and tucking my legs. I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard the wind whistle through my ears, and then I felt the impact of something hit my body, and everything instantly turned black.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"She's alive!" I heard a female's voice, and two people's footsteps. 
"I'll take her. You go ahead, I'll meet you there." I heard a male's voice.
"Yes, sir!" The female responded, and I heard ODM gear shoot away.

I felt someone pick me up, and then everything went numb again.

*Outro - Sound The Bugle (Continue song)*