ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

(a/n: hihi again, sorry for any grammatical errors the shiganshina arc was written during an all nighter)

"You're up?" Levi asked Armin as he landed atop the wall, while Eren hugged Armin.

"Captain! What in the world happened here? I remember... Bertholdt becoming a Titan... What about the others?! Are they okay?" Armin questioned.

"That's as far back as you remember? Eren, tell him everything." Levi said as he shot a smoke signal, and I gave a small smile to Armin.

-

"Well? Up to speed, Armin?" Captain looked down at Armin.

"So you're telling me... the Scout Regiment... is the ten of us here... and that's it?" Armin widened his eyes.
"For the time being." Jean held water. "The fighting ended hours ago. We've been looking for survivors but, none yet." Jean explained as Connie gave Sasha some water.

"S-So, we managed to seal the walls of Shiganshina... but Reiner, the Beast Titan, and the other one escaped... Bertholdt was captured... then, there was a dispute about using the injection on Commander Erwin or me... and I-- turned into a Titan and ate Bertholdt?" Armin questioned, and then threw up, and Jean handed him some water.

"Why... did you pick me? No matter how you think about it, wasn't Commander Erwin the right one to bring back? Captain! Why did you give me the injection!?" Armin looked up at Captain.

"Tsk!" Captain lightly kicked Eren in the side. "I told you to tell him everything. The thing is, it seems your three friends here didn't think that way. They stood up to me... prepared to draw blood." Captain Levi explained to Armin.

"Huh?--" Armin glanced at me as I was kneeled beside him.

"We'll take whatever punishment comes." Eren said.

"You'll be punished for insubordination, but... does taking the punishment allow you to do anything?" Hange thought.

"Well, the final decision to choose you was mine. No... I chose for this place to be where Erwin dies." Captain folded his arms.

"I don't understand... there's no way it's okay to let Erwin die... If the Commander is gone, how... how will we go on?" Armin tightened his grip on his water.

"I agree. I think it should've been used on Erwin... if we're being brutally honest. No. It's a shame we were even put in that situation. Anyways, Erwin entrusted Levi with the decision to use it. And Levi ended up choosing you. There's nothing more to say. Erwin's life and a Titan's power rest on your shoulders. No matter what anyone says, that's apart of who you are now, Armin." Hange explained.

"Does that mean... I need to be Erwin's replacement? No way... I can't." Armin sighed.

"Don't get me wrong. You'll never be Erwin's replacement. But... I know you have a strength nobody else has but you. I won't regret my decision. However, don't make these guys regret it." Levi put his hands on top of Mikasa and Eren, while he glanced over at me.

"Nor anyone else. And don't regret it yourself, either. That is your mission." Levi explained.

I looked over to see Sasha who must've woken up. 

"Shut up." Sasha sighed, holding back the pain.

"We're no match for Sasha." Hange laughed while I held a small smirk.

"Well, being successor of Erwin as commander of the Scouts, we're all in the same boat. From here on out, we'll have to grin and bear it. Now then... if it's not a problem for Armin, we should get going." Hange stood up.

"Levi, Eren, Mikasa, Lilly, and I will go investigate. You other four keep watch atop Shiganshina's wall." Hange looked at the group.

"Roger."

"Eren, do you still have the key?" Hange asked.

"Yeah. Right here." Eren clutched his chest.