ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱᴛᴇʀ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

*Play - Avenue Fighter V*

I woke up in the morning to chaos, and several Scouts rushing about the castle. 

"What is going on?" I looked at Eren as I walked out to everyone tacking up their horses.
"The experiment Titans have been killed." Eren explained, and tightened his horse's girth, Lucky.
"I'll go tack up Adobe now." I said.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

We went to the area where the Titans were being kept, and I heard a screaming Hanji.

"Sawney! Beane! No... tell me this isn't happening!" Hanji frantically yelled out, and dropped to the floor.

"Did a solider do this?" I heard Gunther ask Eld.
"Yeah. They haven't found who was responsible, yet. Apparently, both were killed at the same time during dawn." Eld explained.
"So a team of at least two people did this, huh?" Gunther scoffed.

"How did this happen?" Eren asked as we stood next to Captain Levi.
"Let's go. The rest of this is the Military Police's job." Captain said, and walked off and I trailed behind him and Commander Erwin caught up with us, and then Eren.

*Play - Counter Attack Mankind*

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I was grooming my horse, Adobe, as Captain Levi rushed by with his horse, Noir, and caught my attention.

"Make ready at once! We're going on patrol!" Captain commanded.
"Good morning, Captain Levi!" Eren rushed over as I walked to where everyone was, and saluted.

"Listen, Eren. Don't fall more than two lengths behind. You're only allowed to wander around because I'm watching you. Don't forget that. Lilly, stay near Eren." Captain commanded and I held my salute and nodded.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

We went out to discuss the plan for our squad during the upcoming expedition. It was now sunset, and we were heading back to HQ.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"Oh it's them! Oulo, may I go say hello to my classmates up ahead?" Eren asked as I leaned against the wall.
"Tch. Go on." Oulo copied Captain, and as I walked past him I sent a glare at him.

"Hey, Mikasa, Armin!" Eren yelled and Mikasa and Armin turned around, seeing us.
"Eren!" Mikasa looked at Eren.

"It feels like it's been forever!" Eren laughed.

"Eren! Have they mistreated you in any way?" Mikasa asked, and grabbed his hands.
"N-No, not at all." Eren looked at her.
"That pipsqueak went way too far. Someday I will make him pay." Mikasa looked down, with a frustrated facial expression.
"Are you talking about Captain Levi?" Eren asked, and I noticed Captain in the corner of my eye walk off with his horse.

"Hey! Eren! Lilly!" I heard Conny, and the others rushed over to us as I drew my attention back to Eren.

"Hey! If... If you're here, does that mean you joined the Scouts?" Eren looked at Christa, Conny, Sasha, Reiner, and Bertholdt.
"Why else would we be here?" Conny scoffed.

"Then just Jean, Annie, and Marco joined the Military Police?" Eren asked, and I heard footsteps behind me, revealing Jean.

"Wait, you too?!" Eren looked at Jean.
"Marco is dead." Jean simply said.
"Huh? What did you just say?" Eren asked as I looked down.

"Apparently not everyone can die a dramatic way. I don't even know how he went out. He died all alone, without anyone knowing or seeing what happened to him." Jean explained, but was interrupted by the stable instructor.

"Hey! Your uniforms are here!" He shouted, revealing our Scout cloaks.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Eye-Water*

Everyone was eating in the Mess Hall, while I was busy questioning whether or not I should take a ride while I was grooming my horse, Adobe. He has a base color of dark brown, and a lighter color on his face. He has splashes of white all over his body. He's much taller than me, probably another heads length and my head would be the same height as his back.

I heard footsteps coming inside of the stable, and I continued to brush Adobe

"Hey. You should be eating now. You have a big day tomorrow." I recognized the voice, which was Captain Levi. 

I couldn't come up with anything to reply with, so I continued to groom my horse.

I noticed he walked past me to Noir's stall, and he carefully entered and closed the stall door behind him.

I sighed and decided I would go on a short thirty minute ride, so I could hurry and eat dinner in less than five minutes by the time I get back. When I was younger, I had to sneak into the kitchen at night to get the leftovers in the disposal to eat, and I ate them pretty quickly. Sometimes I wouldn't eat for days.

I walked out of the stall and grabbed Adobe's halter, and walked into the stall to put it on him. I stopped in my tracks as I heard Captain once again.

"Where are you going?" He asked, and I buckled the leather straps around the top of Adobe's neck as he held his head down for me.
"I figured I should go for a ride, I'll be back at the Mess Hall before dinner ends." I explained.
"I see. I'll leave you to it." He said and put his horse's halter back, and I felt like I should invite him, even though we haven't talked much.

"I wouldn't mind someone else joining me, it's a quick ride after all." I said, and walked towards my saddle pad to pick it up.

"Why not." He simply said, and went to go tack up his horse.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

We silently walked through the dark forest, and I held a lantern up from my left hand, providing light. Our horses hooves would clop in sync once in a while, and I heard the leaves that the wind was blowing through. We haven't said a word, I didn't see that there was anything to talk about. 

We were on our way back, and I leaned down a bit to pet Adobe's neck. I felt eyes on me, but once I glanced over to Captain, he was looking ahead on the trail. 

"What made you want to join the Scouts?" I heard him ask a casual question, just to start some sort of conversation.
"I guess Eren, wherever he goes, I go." I explained.
"Like that girl that shadows him around? Tch." He scoffed, and I slightly furrowed my eyebrows.
"Not like that, I don't know what I'd do with myself without him. Or any of them." I said.

"I see. I guess I could say I know some people like that." Captain responded.

"Why did my brother not kill you?" I asked after a few moments of silence. This question had been repeating over and over in my head the past day since I last talked to Captain that one night.
"He said he saw something. I didn't ask anything further." Captain simply responded.

"He was the only person I had..." I quietly mumbled to myself, as I noticed Captain's head lower from the corner of my eyes.

"He mentioned lots about you." Captain said, trying to brighten the mood.

"When the wall broke, I looked for him in my house. I didn't find him, but I found his journal. I took it, but I haven't opened it." I said.
"I remember he mentioned something about the journal..." Captain said, and thought.

"How many times did you meet with him? You must have discussed a lot." I asked.
"Once, and we sent a few letters back and fourth." Captain said, and I realized that we were already back at the stables. 

I dismounted Adobe and led him into the stables, Captain trailing behind me with his horse Noir. I led Adobe into his stall, and untacked him, and gave him a pat goodnight. He nickered in response, and I closed the stall door behind me. I gave a small wave to Captain, and he nodded, and began to walk out of the stables.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I got into the Mess Hall, and no one was there. I quickly poured myself some stew and ate it, and walked to my dorm. 

Once I got in there I noticed my brother's journal sitting on the desk beside me. I sighed and crawled into my bed, and stared up at the ceiling.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Shingeki St - Hrn - Gt 20130629 Kyojin* 

The bell rang as I sat on Adobe beside my squad members and the whole entire Scouting Legion. 

"We've lured the nearby Titans away! Thirty seconds until the gate's opening!" A leader said, and I looked over to two children smiling and peeking out their window, admiring the Scouts.

"This is it! Humanity is now about to take another step forward! Show us what you're made of!" A leader shouted, and looked back at us rookies.
"Open the gate!" He added.

"Forward!" Commander Erwin shouted, and we all began to run out and formed into our formations. I looked into the sky, this is what is beyond the walls looks like. I'm out. 

*Outro - Photo Of My Mind*

a/n: first expedition! hehe. i hope you guys are enjoying and once again thank you for reading this far, it really means a lot. :) be healthy and stay safe! remember to eat today and take care of yourself. anyways, feedback is always appreciated ;)

a/n: if you are seeing that there are changes made to this chapter, i actually added detail to each character's horse! i might publish a book introducing each of the character's horses.