ʙʟᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇᴍᴀᴋᴇʀꜱ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

数週間後..
                                                        ₍ₐ fₑw wₑₑₖₛ ₗₐₜₑᵣ...₎

*Play I Miss You*

"Hey." I heard someone whisper and gently shake my shoulders, and I opened my eyes to see my brother, Aidan.

"I'll be out again today. I'll still be in the city, though. If you want to get out today, go ahead and do it now. Mother and father will be up soon." My brother smiled and ruffled my hair, and then walked towards my bedroom door.

"I'll see ya later, mud face." My brother smiled at me, and walked out of the door, closing it behind him. I sat up from my matt, and then stood up. I walked over to the right side of my room, and kneeled down. I carefully put my fingers on the floorboard, and lifted it up, very quietly. I grabbed my satchel out of the floorboard and quietly put the floorboard back in.

I put my satchel around my neck, and opened my window. I carefully stepped out of it, and then closed it once I was out.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I walked up to Eren and Mikasa who were holding sticks on their back. 

"Hey, Lilly." Eren smiled at me.
"Hello." I looked at the two of them.

"Eren, you should forget about joining the Scout Regiment." Mikasa looked at Eren.
"Eren--" I tried to agree, but Eren interrupted.
"Why does everyone think that they're a joke?!" He looked at the two of us.
"That's not the issue." Mikasa sighed but we heard the bell ring, signaling the Scouts were returning.

"The Scout Regiment is back! They're going to open the main gate. We can make it if we hurry, I want a good view!" Eren said excitedly, and grabbed both of our wrists and took off.

*Play Aots2m #2*

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"Argh. I can't see a thing." Eren sighed as we tried to find a good spot to watch the Scouts come in through the crowd. Mikasa and I trailed behind Eren, but found two crates to stand on top of and get a good view. Mikasa and I watched them come in, while Eren looked at them with glee. 

I looked around a bit more to see injured soldiers, and gloomy faces. It looks like the mission didn't go very well. 

"Only this many returned?" I heard a random person in the crowd say.
"The rest of them got eaten." The other responded.
"That's what happens when you go outside the walls." Another one added. 

"Moses? Moses?" An old women frantically asked around, and we turned our attention to her.

"Excuse me, where is my son? He should be with you." The mother frantically grabbed onto the Scout, who must have been the commander.
"This is Moses's mother. Bring it fourth." The commander looked at the other Scout, and they handed her a bloodied rag with something in it.

She looked up at the commander with confusion and fright, and looked back down at the rag. She frantically unwrapped it, revealing a body part. She quickly put her hand onto the body part, and put her head down. She started to sob, as the commander looked down at her.

"I'm sorry. That's all that was left of him." The commander looked down at the lady as she sobbed with the arm in her hand, and dropped to the ground. I let out a sigh, and looked at the others, and looked back at the crowd.

The commander then kneeled down with the lady.

"Was he useful?" She said while sobbing, and the commander's facial expression changed.

"Tell me that despite his missing hand, his sacrifice gave us a better chance!" The mother yelled at the commander, with tears streaming down her face.

A gust of wind blew through the silent crowd, and I noticed the commander's eyes quivering. 

"Of course! But... this... No, it was just like before... It was all futile! Because of my incompetence, I've lost my comrades, and wasn't able to discern anything about them!" The commander shouted, and we kept our focus on the scene.

The commander quietly got up and continued walking, and so did the other Scouts. The crowd was dead silent as we watched them walk off, and I looked at Eren who looked worried. 

"How outrageous." A person said nearby us and I changed my glance over to them.
"Absolutely. It's as if our taxes go towards keeping them fed." They went on and I noticed Eren look over as well, while I clenched my fist. I sighed, and noticed Eren hit one of them with a stick.

*Play Nice Weather Day*

"You little brat!" One of them said while they rubbed the back of their head, and I pulled Eren back behind the alley, and Mikasa dragged him back with her.

"Hey! Come here!" The man had his fists clenched up. He started to run towards me and I pulled out my knife and sliced his hand as he was just about to throw a punch at me. He slowly stopped and looked at his hand, seeing the blood drip down. He looked at me and his hand, and quickly ran off.

"Pft."

"Alright! I get it! Stop already!" I heard Eren yell and I turned back around to go back to them.

As I turned the corner I saw Mikasa slam Eren against the wall, and all of the wood scattered on the ground. 

"Oh, great! Now the kindling is everywhere!" Eren pouted. I walked up beside Mikasa and put my hands in my pockets.

"Eren. Are you still bound and determined to join the Scouts?" I asked, and he looked up to me, eyes quivering.

"Just help me pick these up." He sighed, and continued to pick up the rest of the wood, and we helped him.
"There's not much to help." Mikasa sighed.